For most men shaving is considered to be a daily chore and purchasing the right shaver can be a painstakingly tricky job. There is so much to consider. Do you stick with a normal wet shave? Or do you invest in an electric shaver? Well, let’s be honest if you want to avoid those awful nicks, that inevitably occur when using a standard shaving device, then electric is the only real option to go for.
However, many men are put off by not knowing which electric shaver to purchase. To be fair, with the amount of choice there is on the market, it can all get a bit overwhelming due to all the different models, features and prices you have to consider before buying.
Fear not fellow man, help is at hand. We have done all the hard work for you by researching what we consider to be the best electrical shaving devices on the market. So, sit back and read about the pro’s and con’s of 10 of the most worthwhile shavers money can buy.
Table of Contents
- Why Consider Investing In An Electric Shaver?
- Our Top Product Recommendations
- 1 – Philips Norelco Electric shaver 3100
- 2 – Panasonic ES8103S Arc3
- 3- Norelco AT875 Deluxe AquaTec
- 4 – Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5
- 5 – Philips Norelco PT724
- 6 – Panasonic ES8243A Arc4
- 7 – Elehot Electric Shaver
- 8 – Remington XR1400 Verso Wet & Dry
- 9 – SURKER 3 In 1 Professional Electric Razor
- 10 – Panasonic Arc5 Electric Razor
- Different Types Of Shavers
- Foil Vs Rotary Shaver
- Wet Dry Electric Shaver
Why Consider Investing In An Electric Shaver?
There are so many advantages to buying the best electric shaver for men. Firstly, an electrical shaving product will give you a smoother finish as opposed to a manual razor. The device rolls up and shaves the hairs upwards meaning that the user doesn’t need to go over the same area lots of times. This saves skin irritation.
An electric razor can be used anywhere, providing there is a charging point, making it very adaptable to any given situation.
When using a manual razor the user is prone to nicks, cuts and skin irritation that lead to rashes. All these unwanted irritations are a thing of the past when you use an electrical device.
For the most follically challenged among us, using a razor to shave your head can be a tricky business with a manual razor, however, the process is simple and more time efficient with an electric one.
Listed below are our top ten product recommendations which will help you when considering which electrical shaving device best suits your individual needs.
Our Top Product Recommendations
1 – Philips Norelco Electric shaver 3100
The Philips Norelco model is well equipped to produce a comfortable, convenient shave all for an affordable price.
So what does this shaver offer? Well it has 4-direction Flex Heads and Comfort Cut Blade System with the edges rounded so they move smoothly over the skin. The flex head moves in 4 directions meaning that you can shave every curve of your face and neck with simple ease.
The unit is very simple to clean due to its one touch open shaver that can be easily rinsed clean under the tap.
This model holds its charge well, and has an LED display, so you don’t have to worry about it losing power half way through use. It will last for 45 minutes during cordless use.
It also comes with a pop-up trimmer so that you can easily shape your beard and cut those sideburns. Also comes with a protection cap.
- Very reasonable price will appeal to many buyers.
- Very easy to use.
- Easy to clean.
- Some will find this model slightly on the basic side.
2 – Panasonic ES8103S Arc3
This shaving device has a three blade shaving system which helps to provide the user with a very smooth finish. It has 3 ultra sharp nano-technology blades and ultra thin foil follows facial curves for a comfortable and quick experience.
One of the many advantages of this model is that it is for use on wet or dry skin. It’s flexible pivoting head simply cascades effortlessly across the face, neck, jaw and chin area.
Due to having a high-functioning linear motor this unit is able to effortlessly cut 13,000 times per minute and is able to maintain optimum charge throughout.
You need not worry about getting this machine wet as it is fully waterproof thanks to the wet/dry operational function. You can even use it while showering, it is that good.
It comes with a built-in trimmer so that you can shape your moustache, beard or sideburns any way you desire.
This product has a multi-stage LCD which means you can check the battery status with ease. It also has vibration self-cleaning mode which helps remove stubble for speedy and easy cleaning with just running water.
- The unit is waterproof so can be used in the shower which can save time.
- One of the best mens electric shaver options is easy to use and produces close, clean and smooth results.
- Self-cleaning sonic vibration mode.
- The high-functioning linear motor helps make 13,000 cuts per minute.
- Some users may find that the charge doesn’t last as long in between recharging as they might expect.
- The blades on this model don’t seem to last as long as some of other Panasonic devices.
3- Norelco AT875 Deluxe AquaTec
This Norelco product claims to protect the user’s skin even the neck area, which will be a plus point to many men looking to purchase this item. The pivoting and flexing heads of the Delux AquaTec softly cover every area of your face and neck for a highly comfortable and smoother shaving experience.
The device has a super lift and cuts duel-blade action which actually lifts hairs for a much closer finish. It doesn’t matter if it is long hairs or just stubble, it still does the job.
Due to having an integrated pop-up trimmer this razor is ideal for doing sideburns or just for shaping your beard the way you want it shaped for that unique look.
The rechargeable element of this product works very well and can provide up to 50 minutes of cordless shaving time off one single charge. The 3-minute quick charge provides enough time for that must have shave when you’re up against it time wise.
Cleaning this model is totally easy due to it having a fully washable design which allows the user just to simply rinse and go. Included with this product you get a cleaning brush along with a protective cap, charging stand and storage pouch. It also comes with a 2-year limited manufacturer’s warranty.
- A 3-minute quick charge setting for that much-needed shave.
- Cuts the neck area with ease unlike some other products on the market.
- Very easy to clean due to the fully washable design and free cleaning brush.
- Comes with a 2-year limited manufacturer’s warranty.
- It may take some people longer to shave because you have to go over the same area a few times to get the right results.
- Some owners have reported that they are noticing that the Norelco does not have an overly long lifespan – maybe two to three years max.
4 – Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5
If you have the cash to splash then this premium award winning Panasonic could be just what you are looking for. As you can tell this unit won’t suit all mainly due to the price but it certainly looks the part with its stylish black and silver finish.
How does it perform? Well this award winning system has an Arc 5 ES-LV81-K 5-blade which means it uses ultra sharp 30-degree angle blades to give you the best and smoothest results.
The Multi-Flex active pivoting head allows the razor to cut in unison over the jawline and chin to provide more coverage across the face, all in total comfort.
This Panasonic cuts hairs at a rate of 14,000 per minute and the motor drive system stops the user from feeling any unwanted tugging or pulling. It also maintains peak power right up until the end of the charge, unlike many other products on the market.
As you would expect from such a pricey unit it has an automatic cleaning/charging system which helps keep performance high with a hygienic alcohol-free solution while removing debris and stubble with ease.
The Panasonic LV81 Arc 5 men’s shaver also comes fully equipped with a 10-stage LCD display, easy to use switch lock button and pop-up trimmer. And in addition to this you of course get a stylish travel pouch thrown in for free.
- Very stylish futuristic looking unit.
- Automatic self-cleaning/charging system.
- Holds peak performance right up to the end of the charge.
- Close non-irritable shave which you would expect from a model that cuts hairs at 14,000 per minute.
- With quite a high price tag it will not be on the shopping list of your first-time shavers.
5 – Philips Norelco PT724
You will never be caught short when shaving again due to this Philips shaver having a 3-minute quick cordless shave recharge setting. That means you can have peace of mind that you can always finish what you started.
This neatly designed model comes equipped with Comfortheads with rounded edges which will give you a smooth experience that glide effortlessly over the skin for a close shave.
The Flex and Float System allows the razor to adapt to the curve and shape of your face with ease. Comes with a built-in pop-up trimmer which is good for sideburns and indeed moustaches.
Cleaning the device is easy. Simply rinse in cold water and leave to dry and use the cleaning brush that comes free. There is also a protective cap that can be fitted when not in use.
This model comes with a 45-day free trial and 12-month manufacturer’s warranty.
- 3-minute quick cordless recharge comes in very handy.
- Nice smooth finish on every use.
- 45-day free trial and 12-month manufacturer’s warranty.
- Easy to clean with the use of free cleaning brush.
- Feels a bit too lightweight which will not suit some users.
- Not powerful enough on bushy growth.
6 – Panasonic ES8243A Arc4
This model is 100% waterproof and is one of the best wet electric shaver products on this list. It can be used for wet or dry shaving and is even convenient for use in the shower. The unit has a pop-up trimmer which comes in very handy for cutting those long sideburns.
A 10-stage LCD display shows you the razor status for peace of mind with regards recharging. There is a sonic vibration mode for easy cleanup after each shave
With 4 ultra sharp Arc4 nanotechnology blades you can be sure that you have a quick, easy clean and comfortable experience.
You need not worry about the closeness of the shave as this machine does the business effortlessly thanks to the extremely thin stainless steel Arc4 foil. The high-performance linear motor performs 13,000 cuts every minute while maintaining the same power level until the end of each use.
- Totally 100% waterproof so good for dry and wet use.
- Keeps performing at the same power throughout each use.
- Comes with a free black travel pouch.
- Stylishly designed.
- Slightly heavier than other units.
- The device can be noisy when in use.
7 – Elehot Electric Shaver
We can all remember our first shaver, well most of us can. It was the cheapest one on the market and did the bare minimum – if we were lucky. However, because it was cheap we bought it.
Well the Elehot is cheap. Bu it must be stressed that just because it is low in price doesn’t necessarily mean that it is low on quality.
You get a lot for your buck with this model. For a start, it comes with 5 different attachments for all your grooming needs. You get a rotary shaver, nose, ear and detail trimmer. Also, a hair clipper and comb. Also comes with a free velvet pouch, for easy storage and transport when travelling.
It is also 100% waterproof which means you can give this shaver a quick clean under the tap and carry on shaving to your heart’s content. The metal blades won’t rust after washing which is always a good thing.
The charge time on this unit is pretty impressive given the price as it lasts up to 20 days from a full charge when using daily. The 4 directional flex heads allow for a good shave from any angle.
- The low price.
- 5- attachments which come with the machine are included in the price.
- Waterproof for easy cleaning.
- Good charge power for continuous use.
- Sometimes need to go over the same area a few times to get a close shave.
- Can sometimes be a little rough on the skin.
8 – Remington XR1400 Verso Wet & Dry
If you happen to be follically challenged then this Remington product could well be one of the best electric shavers for you. It comes with a wonderful palm fit design with a rubberized grip which allows you to easily run over the top of your head or face with total ease.
Due to WETech technology the device is totally waterproof. And it is good for using while showering to save you time and effort during your busy schedule. The waterproof feature also makes it simple to clean. And this also gives you the option to use with foam if you chose to do so.
The Hyperflex design means the cutters will adapt to any angle of your head or face making it nice and smooth and easy to use.
The PrecisionPlus heads help cut any length of hair with ease which makes it comfortable for the user and is fast to use.
This product comes with three attachments included. Firstly, the cleansing brush, which is very good for giving your look that finishing touch, the shaver and the trimmer which is good for use on sideburns.
- Totally waterproof so can be used in the shower.
- Very stylish easy to use design.
- Excellent for shaving your head
- Comes with a free brush which is very handy for tidying up your beard.
- Doesn’t seem to hold its charge for a long time.
- May prove to be a little rough on the neck area.
9 – SURKER 3 In 1 Professional Electric Razor
The first thing that stands out about this product is the price, it is incredible value for money. I know what you’re thinking, this can’t be best electric shaver for men? Well there are probably better options on the market but it more than does the job it is meant to do.
This product is a 3-in-1 multifunctional unit which helps shave the beard, head, nose/ear hair and sideburns thanks to a pop-up trimmer.
The LED display helps you keep a close eye on the amount of charge that has been used so that you never get caught short.
When it comes to cleaning this cordless rechargeable device, it is very easy as it is waterproof and you can just simply wash the whole unit.
This product is very light and user-friendly and gives a good workmanlike shave and has a one-lock key system. You simply hold down the button for 3 seconds to lock and 3 seconds to unlock. This helps when saving on charge.
So all in all an efficient if not spectacular shaving device which is excellent value.
- Very attractive option for buyers on a tight budget
- Stylish and comfortable in your hand to use.
- Good for trimming beards and any unwanted nose or ear hair.
- Battery lasts around a week with daily use.
- Waterproof: good for cleaning.
- Some users may think that this unit is not powerful enough for them.
- Not the smoothest shave for some.
10 – Panasonic Arc5 Electric Razor
If you want to get a close comfortable shave then look no further than the Panasonic Arc5, which has won many awards. Billed as a premier shaving machine it has a 5-blade shaving system which has a precision 30 blade system for a closer, irritation free shave.
This product comes with Panasonic’s fastest, most powerful high performance linear motor which can deliver 14,000 cuts per minute, that works out at 70,000 cutting motions across 5 blades.
The built in Arc5 sensor detects when the hairs are at different lengths during the shave so that the power and closeness of cut are automatically altered to give a more comfortable finish.
The Multi-Flex pivoting head helps to run smoothly along each area of the face chin, neck and jaw during use. This device also has a pop-up trimmer which is good for use on sideburns or to get rid of longer hairs more quickly and efficiently.
Possibly the best feature of this product is the wet or dry shave use option so it could be used in the shower or directly after washing. It also has a 10-stage LCD to help you quickly check the Arc5 status of the device.
- Excellent for close shaving, especially if you are prone to skin irritation.
- Dry/wet switch option that allows you to use the product in the shower or after washing your face.
- Pop-up beard trimmer to help you shave your moustache or sideburns effectively.
- Long battery life when charged fully to begin with.
- You can’t use the razor when plugged in for charging, this can be a hassle when you’re in a rush to get somewhere.
- Slightly overpriced.
Different Types Of Shavers
In the above list, you will notice that there are two distinct types of razors. Discussions over which works better have been around for as long as these types have existed. Rotary vs foil shaver and wet vs dry are two aspects to consider.
Here are the main differences.
Foil Vs Rotary Shaver
If you are thinking about buying a rotary shaver but may be put off by the price of the product, then you need to think a little bit deeper. Just consider how many foil shaving devices you will get through in a year. In the long term investing a rotary unit will prove far more cost effective. Yes, some foil razors provide better results, but they have to be replaced more often.
Also, just imagine a life without any unwanted irritating nicks and skin burns that inevitably happen when you use a foil. All this bathroom drama can be a thing of the past if you purchase a rotary shaver – there are enough on the market to find one that suits your needs.
Wet Dry Electric Shaver
Whatever option you choose it is generally best to go with a shaver that can be used in the wet as well. It just makes usre that you don’t have water damage, and it makes the shaving experience a lot easier. If you are looking to invest in a wet/dry device then the Remington XR1400 Verso Wet & Dry could be just what you’re looking for.
It has a stylish palm-held design which is totally 100% waterproof thanks to having WETech technology. It can be used in the shower which saves time out of your busy schedule.
It is particularly useful for shaving your head so if you are somewhat lacking in the full head of hair department then you need to consider buying.