Getting your cat its own bed and furniture is a lot more than just letting your cat have its own space. Besides helping to prevent your own furniture from getting scratched, proper cat beds and furniture can have other health benefits such as providing your cat with better support and improving your cat’s temperament.
With so many types in the market to choose from, we have compiled the top 10 best cat beds and furniture that you should consider.
Table of Contents
- 5 Kinds of Cat Beds To Choose From
- Hammock Beds
- Pillow Beds
- Nesting Beds
- Cave Beds
- Basket Beds
- Things To Consider Before Buying Your Cat Bed
- Top 10 Best Cat Beds & Furniture of 2017
- 10. Go Pet Club Cat Tree Furniture Beige
- 9. Aspen Pet Self Warming Beds
- 8. TRIXIE Pet Products Parla Scratching Post
- 7. MidWest Deluxe Bolster Pet Bed for Dogs & Cats
- 6. Curious Cat Cube, Cat House / Cat Condo
- 5. Coolaroo Elevated Pet Bed with Knitted Fabric
- 4. Petstages 710 Invironment Easy Life Hammock Scratcher Cat Scratcher and Rest
- 3. Ombré Swirl Dog / Cat Pet Bed
- 2. PetFusion Ultimate Cat Scratcher Lounge. [Superior Cardboard & Construction]
- 1. Pioneer Pet SmartCat The Ultimate Scratching Post
5 Kinds of Cat Beds To Choose From
If your cat loves perching up high and lie down in precarious positions, then a hammock bed is a great choice for your cat. With hammock beds you can set different fun formations that you can change from time to time to keep your cat amused. There are different types of hammock beds, some of them are standalone, some attach to furniture and some can be attached to windows.
A great solution for cats that enjoy a quick, soft escape. They look similar to a normal, human pillow – soft and round, and are a great way to keep your cat from sleeping with you. They’re a great choice for cats that love attention, but on their own terms.
Loved by cats that enjoy climbing into clothing bins and closets. They’re cozy, make your cat feel protected while giving them a view on the outside world. Especially good for small cats and kittens.
Those are known by many different names – cat houses, igloos, teepees… They are a great hideout that make cats feel safe. They’re loved by cats that live with big families and feel the need for some alone time and safe retreat.
The fanciest of all choices, a basket bed is adored by all cats, especially those that love the extra attention. They’re basically a nice basket with a soft pillow inside. For extra comfort, place the basket bed by the window and let your cat lay all day long and enjoy the sunbeams.
Things To Consider Before Buying Your Cat Bed
It can be difficult choosing an ideal bed for your cat. Here are some things to pay attention to when choosing one.
- Size – Bear in mind the size of your cat and number of cats you have since they sometimes love to sleep together
- Comfort – Cats love comfortable places where they can lie down and relax. Choose one that has soft, comfortable fabric that your cat will enjoy snuggling up in. Cats also prefer small, cozy spaces so don’t get one that is too big if you have just one small cat.
- Warmth – Being warm is another thing cats love so choose a bed with soft, high-quality material and insulation. You can also get heated cat beds to ensure your cat is kept comfortably warm all the time.
- Cleaning – Since cats are leaving trails of hair wherever they go, you should buy a bed that is easy to wash. Go for one that can be conveniently washed in the washing machine or one that at least has detachable parts.
Top 10 Best Cat Beds & Furniture of 2017
The ultimate piece of furniture that you can get for your cat. Your cat will enjoy playing on this cat tree and scratching to its heart’s content. This 52 inch high beige cat tree is made of compressed wood, faux fur and sisal rope. It’s the best choice for medium size cats, but is suitable for all sizes and can be enjoyed by more cats at once.
- Easy to assemble (less than 30 minutes)
- Instruction manual / nail sizes were very clear
- Strong base
- Small and cozy, just the way cats like it
- Not suitable for more large cats at once
- A bit lightweight
- The panels are not quite big enough
9. Aspen Pet Self Warming Beds
This self-warming bed utilizes the same heat-reflecting technology found in Mylar “space blankets”. Lined with a layer of material that generates warmth by reflecting the pets own body heat. The bed is covered with faux lambswool plush and wide wale corduroy fabric for added comfort and warmth. Each bed comes with a non-skid bottom, providing a safe and hassle-free warm bed. Great for cats of all sizes and breeds.
- Self-warming material reflects the pet’s own body heat
- Uses the same technology as “space blankets”
- No electricity required
- Great for cats of all sizes and breeds
- Non-skid bottom
- Super cozy
- Sides can get flattened after some time
- The cushion makes a little crinkly noise that scares some cats
8. TRIXIE Pet Products Parla Scratching Post
This scratching post will provide endless opportunities for cats to play, explore, scratch or just relax. Felines can sharpen their claws on the scratching post instead of on your furniture or carpet, giving them a healthy outlet for their scratching instincts. The post is covered in durable sisal. The plush covered base is perfect for stretching out or catching a quick catnap. The subtle neutral tones are easy to integrate into your home décor. Suitable for cats of all ages and activity levels.
- Very large and tall
- Very well constructed
- Lasts long
- Blends well with any home decor
- Fit for cats of all sizes and breeds
- Have to tighten the base frequently
- Post starts showing through cord in some places after some time
7. MidWest Deluxe Bolster Pet Bed for Dogs & Cats
QuietTime Bolstered Pet Beds offer a soothing element for any space for newborn and young cats, as well as anxious, aging, or convalescent ones. They feature a cushioned poly/cotton base with comfortable polyester-filled bolsters, providing a pillowy place for cats to rest their head. Durable and completely machine washable, these beds provide comfort for cats in all seasons.
- Comfortable Polyester-Filled Bolsters
- Cushioned Poly/Cotton Base
- Completely Machine Washable
- Folds for storage
- Ideal for Use in Crates, Carriers, Vehicles
- Can sometimes leave white cotton balls around
- Not so sturdy
- Not as big as other brands
6. Curious Cat Cube, Cat House / Cat Condo
The cushioned bed topper with stuffed bolsters is ideal for elevated lounging, while the inside offers luxurious, synthetic sheepskin bedding for a peaceful, private hideaway. When your cat is in the mood to play, he can lie inside, play peekaboo and paw at friends through the hide and seek cut-outs, or enjoy playing with the hanging plush toys with jingle bells that hang on the outside – both providing hours of engaging fun.
- Very easy to assemble
- Cozy Hideaway with Large Entry
- Soft Faux Suede & Synthetic Sheepskin
- Complements Any Home Décor
- Provides Perfect Retreat for Lounging & Play
- Good quality product
- The three bells with wire cutters are better fully removed, since they can accidentally hurt your cat
- The toys that come with it get easily broken
5. Coolaroo Elevated Pet Bed with Knitted Fabric
This bed is perfect for cats of all sizes, breeds and weights. This elevated bed will keep your cat cool by increasing the airflow to its fur coat and by keeping it comfortable by reducing the pressure on its knees, hips, elbows and shoulders. It’s available in five designer colors and feature high-quality, breathable, 100% recyclable lead- and phthalate-free fabric, which is GREENGUARD certified. This not only helps create a healthier environment for your four-legged friend, but is flea, mite, mold and mildew resistant for optimal health.
- Creates low-impact areas to pressure points and joints
- Great for all sizes and breeds
- Keeps your cat cool by increasing the airflow to its fur coat
- Portable design makes
- Good for both indoor and outdoor use
- Flea, mite, mold and mildew resistant
- Easy to wash and maintain
- Not suitable for really big pets
- Scratches and damages the floors
- Difficult assembly
4. Petstages 710 Invironment Easy Life Hammock Scratcher Cat Scratcher and Rest
This sturdy, basic hammock is sure to be your kitty’s favorite perch and scratching post. Corrugate material is great for scratching, and encourages kitty to scratch their own furniture, not yours. Best of all, it’s infused with catnip, so your kitty will love the scent.
- “X” design folds away when not in use
- Can be used to curl up on or stretch and scratch
- Sturdy corrugate supports kitty as they rest
- Includes catnip to attract and keep kitty’s interest
- Great price for quality
- For all sizes and breeds
- Can take a while to put it together
- Instructions aren’t really clear
3. Ombré Swirl Dog / Cat Pet Bed
This bed is available in multiple sizes that are perfectly suited for almost any breed of cats. These neutral color (mocha or gray) dog / cat beds will complement any home décor and provide your pet a cozy place to rest. All Ombré Swirl pet beds feature a “no-slip” surface on the bottom that’s perfect for hardwood or tile floors. They are machine washable and dryer safe, and they are sized to fit inside most standard dog crates, creating a comfortable and desired location for your dog or cat to relax.
- Ultra-Soft Polyester
- Tufted, Plush Polyfiber Cushion
- Machine Washable
- Ideal for Pet Crates, Pet Carriers, or Vehicles
- Great for home and travel
- Suitable for all sizes and breeds
- Super comfortable
- Bottom is a bit slippery
- Not really thick
2. PetFusion Ultimate Cat Scratcher Lounge. [Superior Cardboard & Construction]
This product serves double duty as both a cat scratcher and lounge that promises to keep your finicky companion coming back for more. Custom made for cats who enjoy scratching, playing and lounging around. Cats love the feel of cardboard, recalling their days as kittens and are natural scratchers. Designed for owners looking to reclaim their homes, this is a pet product with a stylish design that flows with your home decor. Instead of scratching your furniture, your cats will be more than happy to scratch the less expensive and better feeling cardboard.
- Well constructed to last long
- Very sturdy
- Neutral colors look great in any room
- Excellent value
- They attract hair and are not so easy to clean
- The edges get rough from wear & tear
1. Pioneer Pet SmartCat The Ultimate Scratching Post
Cats love stretching and scratching to their heart’s content on this post. Standing at 32 inches tall, this scratching post is made with fibrous and durable sisal that will withstand and even encourage your cat’s scratching. With its sturdy base, you can be sure that this scratching post won’t tip or wobble easily.
- Well constructed and made with high quality materials
- Made to be sturdy with its large square base
- Encourages cats to mark their territory, exercise, stretch and scratch
- Made to be durable and long lasting
- Really fast and easy assembly
- The rope is a little hard. Some cats do have problems digging their nails in it.
- The material can sag after a while
With so many choices to keep your cat cozy, warm and entertained, you will not go wrong with any of these. Just make sure your ultimate choice fits your cat’s breed, size and personality well.
Do share with us in the comments!