It is safe to say that we can all cook up a storm in the kitchen and most of us need all the help we can get. Often all we want is a quick and easy tasty snack that won’t cause us too much hassle.
The best way to ensure that even the most culinarily challenged among us is able to enjoy a tasty toasted snack is to buy a 4 slice toaster.
This is easier said than done as there are so many different models to choose from. And the problem is that there are so many models out there that simply don’t give you great results. And then you have to work out what features you need the most. That’s why we put together this article.
There are ten different wide-ranging models with a number of different features on each model. With all these 4 slice toaster reviews you will be able to make a great purchase that is right for you and your family.
Our Top 10 Best 4 Slice Toaster Recommendations
#1 - KitchenAid KMT4203CA
|| Deluxe Retro Style||5.0 stars out of 5|
#2 - Wolf Gourmet WGTR104S
|| Ideal For Thick And Thin Slices||4.5 stars out of 5|
#3 - Dualit Chrome
|| Beautiful Stylish Finish||4.0 stars out of 5|
Table of Contents
- Our Top 10 Best 4 Slice Toaster Recommendations
- 1. KitchenAid KMT4203CA: Deluxe Retro Style
- 2. Wolf Gourmet WGTR104S: Ideal For Thick And Thin Slices
- 3. Dualit Chrome: Beautiful Stylish Finish
- 4. Cuisinart CPT-440CH: With Touch to Toast Display
- 5. Cuisinart CPT-340: Cheap And Effective
- 6. Breville BTA840XL: Very Easy To Use
- 7. Cuisinart CPT-180BCH: Classic Design
- 8. KitchenAid KMT422QG: Easy To Use Digital Display
- 9. Hephaestus Bagel Toaster: Very Clear Temperature Controls
- 10. T-fal TT7461 Avante Deluxe: Not The Best Functioning Model
- What Features You Need To Focus On
- Functions Control
- Keep Clean And Tidy
If you feel your home could do with a bit of deluxe retro style then you seriously need to consider buying this KitchenAid KMT4203CA model.
This model has a classic candy red apple design which will look the part in your home. It has plenty of stand-out features which are user-friendly and easy to use. You will love the fact that this product has an automatic keep warm feature which keeps your toast warm for up to three minutes.
This toaster also has the advantage of having a feature that automatically lowers the bread into the correct position when it senses the bread is in the slot. It then lifts the toast out of the slot when it has finished.
Talking of shading, this model allows you to chose between seven different shade settings. This allows you to cook your toast exactly the way you like it, whether that be light, dark or any shade in between.
As well as being able to cook the perfect piece of toast, this model is arguably the best out of all the toasters featured in this list due to the fact that it also has a frozen as well as a bagel function. These functions allow you easily defrost as well as make the perfect toasted bagel.
It is one of
- This model is able to offer you seven different ways of shading your bread.
- Many potential buyers will love the retro style of this product.
- If you buy this product you will also receive a 5-year limited warranty.
- It keeps your toast warm for 3-minutes after it has finished cooking.
- Automatic sensors lower the bread into the slots and lift them out when cooked.
- This product is very expensive to buy.
The Wolf Gourmet WGTR104S model will set you back a a bit of money but it is ideal for making both thick and thin slices. It has the advantage of having extra-wide bread slots which are capable of being able to deal with a whole range of different style breads based on thickness and shape.
Another advantage is that it automatically raises the bread when it has finished cooking. It is raised to the perfect height so that you can remove it easily.
It self-centers itself which means that the bread is evenly cooked at all times. This is always the case and doesn’t depend on the thickness of the bread. You won’t have to worry about making a mess as it comes with two crumb trays that slide-out.
This product is very durable thanks to being built with commercial heating elements as well as being made of stainless steel.
There is a range of different settings, such as a keep warm setting so that your food doesn’t go cold while you are serving. In addition to this, there is also a bagel setting which allows you to warm the outside and toast the inside.
If the bread is frozen don’t worry. This option will still be able to toast it thanks to having a frozen setting. This works with waffles, French toast and frozen bread. There is also a shade dial selector so that you can decide if you want it light, dark or anywhere in between.
- It has a shade selector dial.
- You can use frozen bread due to it having a frozen function.
- When you purchase this product it comes with a 5-year limited warranty.
- It’s made of stainless steel and is very durable.
- The bread automatically raises when it has been cooked.
- You will need to have a higher than average budget.
- Some people reported that they found it a little bit tricky to use.
The Dualit Chrome model may be very expensive to buy but it will look the part in your kitchen due to having a stylish and beautiful finish.
It is arguably the best option featured in this article as it able to evenly brown the bread thanks to having ProHeat functionality. In addition to this, it also has an insulated stainless steel body which makes it durable.
You will be able to remove small bits easily due it having a built-in high-lift mechanism. Cleaning up is also made easier due to a removable crumb tray and adjustable rear foot.
Now you can decide what shade you want your bread toasted with the browning switch-system controls. It also has a number of different functions such as the defrost button and the bagel function.
With this product, it has a mechanical timer system and a lever for ejecting the bread when it is ready. The four extra-wide slots can be heated up all at the same time or you can select the number of slots you want to heat at any given time.
If you buy this product then you will also receive a warming rack which is ideal for keeping items hot without leaving them in the toaster. You will also get a sandwich cage with built-in drip tray.
- You will be able to toast bread evenly thanks to the ProHeat system.
- This product is both stylish and beautiful and will look lovely in your kitchen.
- You can set the number of slots you want to be heated at any one time.
- You will receive a warming wrack and a sandwich cage when you buy this model.
- This product also has a removable crumb tray. This makes cleaning easier.
- This product is expensive to purchase.
- The crumb tray can be tricky to remove.
The Cuisinart CPT-440CH model is fairly expensive but it’s one of the best on this list in terms of its high-tech digital functionality.
This model stands out because you just have to touch the display to toast the bread, there is no lever to push down. It also looks fairly stylish with its stainless steel casing and benefits from having a motorized lowering and lifting function. So when the bread is done it just simply lifts itself back up.
One of the stand-out features of this model is that it has an LCD blue backlit display screen which has countdown timers. This means you will always know when your toast is nearly ready. There is also an audible alert signal to tell when its ready as well.
You will be able to control two slots at the same time and it also has functions for reheating, defrosting, a seven-shade setting and a setting for cooking bagels.
This product also has an easy cord wrap which is designed to take up less space on your worktop.
- It has touch display functions with no lever.
- The blue LCD backlit display screen with a timer system makes it easy to use.
- You will be audibly alerted when your toast is ready.
- You will be able to reheat and defrost with this product.
- This product has a bagel setting and a seven-shade setting.
- It is fairly expensive to buy.
- Some people were disappointed that you couldn’t toast four slots at a time.
The Cuisinart CPT-340 model is a cheap 4 slice toaster that won’t cost you mega bucks to buy but is still an effective machine.
It has a classic but cool retro design with a stainless steel metal body which means it will look the part in any kitchen. With plenty of features, it will be appealing to any consumer.
As a compact 4 slice toaster it has a dial for toasting at six different shades which allows you to cook the perfect toast of your choice. In addition to this, there are also functions for reheating, defrosting and there is also a setting for cooking bagels. The bagel setting only heats the upper half.
The slots on this product are 1.5-inches wide but make sure that the bread is not too thick otherwise it will not pop up when it is finished. There is a high lift lever that you use to get the bread out more easily.
It has two separate control settings so that you can cook four pieces of toast at the same time. And it also has a cancel feature that stops the machine from cooking at any given time.
Cleaning up has been made easier thanks to a slide-out removable crumb tray and it also has a cord wrap to save you space on your kitchen worktop.
- You will receive a 3-year limited warranty when you buy this product.
- It has a cancel toasting feature.
- Available to buy for an excellent price.
- Slide-out removable tray for crumbs makes it easy to clean.
- There are defrost, reheat and bagel settings for more flexibility.
- Some people found that this product often only toasted one side of the bread.
- Thicker bread slices sometimes get stuck.
The Breville BTA840XL 1800-watt model has an automatic one-touch lowering function that makes it easier for you to prepare your snacks.
It is made out of a high-quality brushed die-cast metal which is both durable and easy to clean. There are dual toasting controls on this extra-wide 4-slot machine which means you can use most types of bread. You also set it to toast at different browning levels so that you get the perfect type you like.
With this model, there are a number of different functions such as defrost, reheat, cancel, bagel, lift and look and the “a bit more” feature. Your cooking experience is made easier with a progress LED indicator. It also has an end-of-cooking beep that alerts you to when your food is ready.
It also has a Breville assist plug that makes it easier for you to remove the cord. In addition to this, it also has a cord wrap to ensure you have more space on your worktop.
- This product is made of brushed die-cast metal which is easy to clean and is long-lasting.
- When you buy this product you will also receive a limited 1-year warranty.
- This product has an LED indicator that measures the progress.
- Due to having extra-wide slots, it can handle most types of bread.
- Includes plenty of useful settings such as defrost and reheat.
- Not enough space for 4 large slices
- There is no crumb tray with this product that is disappointing.
p>The Cuisinart CPT-180BCH model has a classic smooth stainless steel brushed design with dual toasting controls.
This 4 slice long toaster has 1.5-inch wide slots which allow you to cook a thick piece of bread exactly how you like it. It also has a number of different settings such as dual reheat, defrost, a bagel setting and also dials for different shades of browning. All of these settings are highlighted by LED indicators.
You can toast your bread all at the same time or two at a time and it has an extra-lift lever which makes removing the bread easier. There is even a cancel button if you need to switch the machine off mid-cycle.
In addition to this, you also receive a removable slide-out crumb tray which makes cleaning up easier. To save space on your kitchen worktop it has been designed with a cord wrap.
If you decide to purchase this then you will also receive a user manual as well as a limited warranty guaranteed for up to 3-years.
- You can toast your bread two at time or all at once.
- If you purchase this product then you will receive a 3-year limited warranty.
- This product has a cancel button if needed.
- You will receive a user manual with instructions when you buy this product.
- It has a number of different features such dual reheat and defrost.
- Some buyers have reported that the outside of the product tends to get very hot.
- It’s a bit slower than other models.
The KitchenAid KMT422QG 4 slice long toaster is made from hardwearing metal and has an easy to use digital display function.
It allows you to keep a close eye on the progress of your bread thanks to it having an LCD display with countdown bar. It will even keep the setting from the last time you used it so as to save you time.
Thanks to having extra-wide 1.5-inch slots, it is able to handle most size bread without too much hassle. It also has a high-lift lever which makes access to your bread after cooking easier.
In addition to this, it also features a number of different setting buttons such as defrost, bagel and reheat.
It must be noted that some people who bought this item thought that is felt a bit cheaply made. They also reported that it didn’t always give the results they would have expected.
- This model has a digital display that is easy to use.
- The high-lift lever makes removing toast from the machine easier.
- It has a digital countdown feature.
- You also get features such as reheat, defrost and bagel.
- Some buyers have reported that this product feels a bit cheaply made.
- Toasting time can be a bit slow.
The reasonably priced Hephaestus Bagel Toaster is user-friendly and has very clearly marked temperature controls.
It has extra-wide and long slots which make it easier to toast a wide range of different bread snacks. Able to run on 1600-watts of power, it is able to toast the snack of your choice fairly quickly.
In addition to this, this stainless steel model has a number of different browning settings which enable you to get the right texture that suits you. As well as this, it also has a toasting function, a bagel function, a defrost setting and the toasting cycle can be cancelled at any time by simply pressing the cancel button.
This machine also has an LED progress and countdown timer indicators so that you know when your toast will be ready. When it is ready it will automatically pop up and the machine will switch itself off.
In addition to this, you also get a removable slide-out crumb tray that helps keep the product clean. It also has a high-lift lever that makes it easier to remove the toast when it’s hot.
- Includes a toasting function with different browning settings.
- Has a bagel button, a defrost button and a cancel button.
- You can keep a close eye on the progress of your snack with the LED countdown timer.
- You can purchase this product for a reasonable price.
- Has a slide-out removable tray that collects unwanted crumbs.
- Some people reported that it was tricky to make thick bread stay down.
- Disappointed that this model didn’t have a reheat setting.
It is fair to say the T-fal TT7461 Avante Deluxe model is not the best performing model featured in this article.
Given that the purchase price of this model is very expensive, it doesn’t offer overall value for money. People who did purchase this machine reported that they felt it was cheaply made.
Even though this 4 slot model features a bagel button most people were disappointed that you could only cook bagels in two of the slots and not all four of them. These annoying downsides will put a lot of potential customers off buying.
However, it does have some plus points. It has a slanted design with self-adjusting, extra-wide slots which helps to get the bread evenly toasted. This product also runs on 1,800-watts of power.
The stainless steel model also has the advantage of having seven browning control settings, an anti-jam feature, high-lift lever, a defrost button and stop functionality. In addition to this, on the base it has a cord storage and you will also receive a crumb-tray.
- Cleaning is made easier thanks to the crumb-tray.
- When you buy this product you will receive a 1-year limited warranty.
- It has seven different browning settings.
- Slanted design which makes toasting more even.
- This product is very expensive when you consider that it doesn’t perform that well.
- People who purchased this product said that it felt cheaply made.
- Buyers reported that the bagel feature only works in two slots and not all four.
What Features You Need To Focus On
Some of the products featured in the article come with the added advantage of having a LED display screen. This screen allows you to keep an eye on your bread as it is being toasted. Some models even have a countdown feature so that you know exactly when your snack is going to be ready.
All of the products written about in this article have a good level of built-in functions. They all have different levels of browning settings which means you can get the right piece of toast just as you like it.
As for other functions, some of the products feature defrost, reheat, bagel and keep warm settings which make your life easier when preparing your favourite snack.
Keep Clean And Tidy
If you decide to buy some of the products featured in this article then you will also receive a crumb-tray which collects all the unwanted crumbs. The tray can often be easily removed in order to make cleaning the product easier.
In addition to this, most of the products have been made out of stainless steel which means not only are they durable but they are also easy to wipe down when needed. Other models will come with a cord that can be neatly hidden away at the base of the product. This helps to free up space on your kitchen worktop.
All the products which have been written about in this article have been independently reviewed. Each of the products is of a pretty high standard and is considered among the best that you can buy today.
Having read this article fully hopefully you will have gained enough insight and knowledge to be able to make an informed buying decsion. All of the review products rated in this article can be bought from the Amazon website. And you can also check out review reports from other buyers.