We all like things that are convenient and make our day-to-day living that little bit easier and the way we make phone calls is no exception to this. The days of being bound to one location in the home with a wired phone that still had a dial are long gone.
These days you can take advantage of multiple handsets with a huge range covering large homes and even your back yard. With multiple handesets you’ll also have less of a chance to end up searching the house when the phone rings.
To help you find the right device for your home or business we have put together this list of best cordless phone reviews. After going through these you will have enough confidence to make a better-informed buying decision.
All the products featured have their pros and cons. It is all about finding the product that best suits your individual needs.
Our Top 10 Best Cordless Phone Recommendations
#1 - Panasonic KX-TGM420W
|| Huge Feature Range||5.0 stars out of 5|
#2 - ClearSounds A400 DECT 6.0: Great Handsfree Functionality
|| Great Handsfree Functionality||4.5 stars out of 5|
#3 - Vtech DS6151 Dect 6.0: Huge Expansion Capability
|| Huge Expansion Capability||4.0 stars out of 5|
Table of Contents
- Our Top 10 Best Cordless Phone Recommendations
- 1. Panasonic KX-TGM420W: Huge Feature Range
- 2. ClearSounds A400 DECT 6.0: Great Handsfree Functionality
- 3. Vtech DS6151 Dect 6.0: Huge Expansion Capability
- 4. Panasonic DECT 6.0 PLUS: Large Button Design
- 5. VTech CS6419 DECT 6.0: Cheap But Great Product
- 6. AT&T CL82407 DECT 6.0: Auto Call Blocking
- 7. Panasonic KX-TGE433B: Great Value For Money
- 8. Panasonic KX-TGD530M: With Handset Location Feature
- 9. AT&T CRL82312: With Intercom Functionality
- 10. Clarity XLC3.4+: Not The Best Option
- What Features You Need To Focus On
- Number Of Handsets
- Hearing aid compatible
- Sound Quality
The Panasonic KX-TGM420W model is expensive to buy but it is arguably the best cordless phone featured in this article.
This telephone has loads of stand-out features but probably the best one is the volume boost control feature. This allows you to increase the volume of the caller’s voice up to 40 dB. It also includes six voice tone features as well as an easy-to-hear base ringer.
Sometimes understanding people when they are speaking on the phone can be tricky. Not if you purchase this model as it has a slow talk feature that allows you slow down the speed of the caller’s speech. This can be done both in real-time and when listening to voice messages.
If you are taking a call in a noisy office and can hear the caller properly then you can use the noise reduction feature on this product. This feature reduces the background noise to allow you to hear more clearly.
Another advantage of this model is that is has a large backlit LCD screen. It also has larger than standard touch dial buttons to make dialling easier. In addition to this, it also has a bright red LED visual ringers on both the handsets and the base unit.
This model also includes speakerphone, talking caller ID, 9-speed dials, intercom, 250-number call block, power back-up and also a talking keypad and 100-number phonebook.
In addition all this, it also benefits from having DECT 6.0 Plus for optimum signal range and enough space for up to 17-minutes of recorded messages.
If you decide to purchase this product you will also receive two rechargeable Ni-MH batteries to fit in the base unit as well as a belt clip and wall mount adaptor.
While you will only receive one handset with your purchase you can purchase up to six handsets to work on the same base around your home or office.
- One of the main attractions of this machine is that it has plenty of features.
- You will love the volume control boost feature on this product.
- The bright red LED visual ringers are on both the handsets and the base unit.
- You can slow down the speed of the caller’s speech with this model.
- This model has a good feature for reducing the background noise during a call.
- Some people reported that they found the handset a bit too heavy.
- Some potential buyers will be put off by the expensive price of this product.
The ClearSounds A400 DECT 6.0 model is fairly expensive but has plenty of standout features. With this model, you can adjust the amplification to up to 40 dB so that you will always be able to hear the person calling you.
In addition to this, you are also able to adjust the tone control so that you are able to hear words more clearly.
This model also has 10 different ringtones for you to choose from and also 6 different levels of volume ringer control. This means that you should not hear that ring again however loud your house is.
Sometimes you need to be dealing with something while also making a call, with this model there is a hands-free speakerphone option on the handset. In addition to all this, there is also call waiting feature, caller ID display and also a voicemail feature that means you will never miss a call again.
- This model allows you to adjust the amplification to up to 40 dB if required.
- The caller ID display on this product is very useful.
- The tone control on this product can also be adjusted to enable you to hear better.
- The speakerphone hands-free feature on this model is very useful.
- You will never miss a call again with this models voicemail feature.
- Fairly expensive product.
The Vtech DS6151 Dect 6.0 model is fairly expensive but comes with a number of excellent features. With this cordless phone with answering machine, you will never miss a call again as it is has a voice mailbox for both of the lines. Yes, it has two separate lines.
It also has the advantage of having DECT 6.0 digital technology which means it produces the best sound quality and range available.
This model also has caller ID and a call waiting function that is able to store up to 50 calls if needed. As well as this it has enough space to store up to 50 names and numbers in the phonebook directory. With this model, you will also be able to use it on speakerphone via either the handsets or the base itself.
If you decide to purchase this product then you will be glad to know that you can expand the system by buying additional wireless handsets. You can expand up to 12 handsets with only one phone jack. You can also be assured that this product is both RoHS compliant and compatible with hearing aids.
- With only one phone jack you can add up to 12 handsets to this product.
- Sound quality and range are high with this model as it has DECT 6.0 digital technology.
- This product is compatible with hearing aids and is also RoHS
- The speakerphone on this model can be turned on at the main base or the handsets.
- This model has two separate lines and also has a voicemail box for both lines.
- Unfortunately, this model is a fairly expensive product which may put some people off.
This Panasonic DECT 6.0 PLUS is available for a fairly reasonable price and also has the advantage of having large dial buttons. With this model, you also get DECT 6.0 PLUS technology which provides excellent sound quality and frequency range.
There is a feature on this model that allows you to press a button on the base that enables you to locate your misplaced handset.
Staying on the lost theme you can also attach the optional key detector to your car keys or other small items. This means that you will never lose them again thanks to the technology beeping and able to locate the item up to 200-yards away.
This model also has the advantage of having an enhanced noise reduction feature. If you receive a call from someone in a noisy place you can use this feature to reduce the background noise. It also automatically enhances the caller’s voice to make it easier to hear them.
This product also features a large 1.8-inch backlit handset display screen which allows you see the caller ID easily. You need not worry about your phone losing charge as it has an eco mode feature that automatically reduces the power level when the handset is close to the main base.
In addition to this, it also has a power backup system that keeps you connected during a call if the power goes off.
- The large dial buttons on this product make it easy for the user to dial on the handset.
- This product has an eco mode feature for reducing the power level.
- Range and sound quality is excellent thanks to the DECT 6.0 PLUS technology.
- If your power goes off you will still stay connected during a call thanks to backup mode.
- You will find the noise reduction feature on this product very useful.
- Some buys noted that you can’t seem to increase the sound level enough on this product.
The VTech CS6419 DECT 6.0 model is probably the best choice in terms of how cheap it is to purchase. This model features the sound enhancing DECT 6.0 digital technology as well as a bright backlit keypad and display.
This makes it easier to see the caller ID and caller waiting features. It is able to store up to 50 calls. This product has a speakerphone feature on the handset for when you need to multitask.
If you buy this product you will receive just one handset but can run up to five handsets through the one phone jack. Additional handsets must be purchased separately. When you have more than one handset you can also transfer calls between handsets if needed. This product can store up to 50 names and numbers in the phonebook directory.
Another advantage of this product is that the menu can be set up in three different languages, English, Spanish and French. If you decide to purchase this product then you will also receive a wall mount bracket, a power adapter, a battery for the handset and a user manual.
- One of the main attractions of this model is it is available for an excellent price.
- When you buy this model you also get a free wall mount bracket.
- The one phone jack can run up to five handsets.
- This model has a speakerphone feature on the handset.
- This product has a digital phonebook directory that stores up to 50 names and numbers
- Some people who bought this model reported that the sound is low for the caller.
The AT&T CL82407 DECT 6.0 model is fairly expensive but it has a number of good features such as the smart call blocker system which saves up to 1,000 names and numbers. With this unit, unwanted robocalls are automatically blocked from calling and you permanently blacklist any number you need to by simply pressing a button.
This cordless phone with answering machine has a built-in voice guide which is able to record up to 22-minutes of messages. It also benefits from having HD audio functionality with an equalizer that allows you to customize the audio to suit your requirements.
There is also a backlit keypad and high-visibility LCD screen. The dial buttons are large which makes it easier for you to make a call.
Another good feature of this product is that it has an audio caller ID announce system. The caller ID is also able to record the pat 50 names and numbers. This landline unit also has a push-to-talk feature which allows you to do your talking from any room in your house.
- This model allows you can talk from any room thanks to its push-to-talk feature
- This product auto-blocks unwanted robocalls calls.
- The smart call blocker system on this model allows you to save up to 1,000 numbers.
- Dialling is made easier for you thanks to this model having large dial buttons.
- This model is able to record up to 22-minutes on the built-in answering machine.
- Some potential buyers will find this product fairly expensive.
The Panasonic KX-TGE433B model is arguably the best option in terms of overall value for money. This wireless home phone system comes with an answering machine as well as having three handsets. It also has a large keypad to make your life easier.
With this model, you will be able to hear who is calling you thanks to it having a talking caller ID system. The announcement can be set to be made in either English or Spanish from both the main base unit and the handsets.
You can use this talking technology to send announcements to every handset in the house at the same time. This is thanks to Panasonic’s voice paging feature. This model also comes with a block call button on each handset and the main base unit. You can easily block up to 250 unwanted numbers.
With this product, you are also able to use speakerphone feature when you want to multitask. It also comes with a power backup feature, headset jack, eco mode, silent mode, noise reduction feature and can be used as a baby monitor.
- If you buy this model you will receive a total of three cordless handsets.
- A stand-out feature of this model is the Panasonic voice paging feature.
- This product will appeal to many as its available for a decent value for money price.
- The built-in answering machine on this product is of good quality.
- This model also has a number of other outstanding features.
- Setting-up this model can prove to be fairly tricky according to some people.
If you are looking to purchase cheap cordless phones then this Panasonic KX-TGD530M model could be the one for you. If you decide to purchase this product then you will receive one wireless home phone handset with a built-in answering machine.
It also benefits from having an advanced talking caller ID feature which can be set in either English or Spanish.
With this model, you are also able to block up to 150 unwanted numbers by simply pressing the call block buttons on the handset. This product also has the advantage of having a 1.6-inch LCD digital display screen.
In addition to all this, it also includes a handset locator feature, silent mode and also so an eco mode for saving battery life. The downside to this model is that it does not have headset jack support and some people found the instructions hard to understand. This made using the product tricky.
- This product has a built-in answering machine which is user-friendly.
- This model can be set-up in either Spanish or English and has a talking ID caller system.
- This model can be purchased at a fairly cheap price.
- The call block button on the handset blocks up to 150 unwanted numbers.
- This model also has a useful handset locator feature .
- Some people found the instructions hard to understand.
- This product does not come with a headset jack support.
If you buy this AT&T CRL82312 wireless home phone you will receive three handsets but you will be able to add up to 12 handsets at an additional cost. This model has DECT 6.0 digital technology as well as having an extra-large button with backline keys which makes making a call easier.
Another advantage is that it has an extra-large LCD digital display screen as well as a visible ringing indicator. This product can also be set in English, Spanish or French and has a built-in answering machine with voicemail indicator.
Another handy feature is that you are able to programme up to 60 names and number into the phonebook directory. In addition to this, you can set up to 9 numbers to work on speed dial.
You can set this product up as an intercom between each handset and also use it for conference calling with an outside line for up to four handsets. There are also additional features such as adjustable volume control, Eco mode, compatibility with hearing aids and you will also receive a wall-mount bracket.
The downside to this product is that some people have reported that the answering machine does not always record messages.
- When you purchase this product you will receive three handsets.
- This model features sound enhancing DECT 6.0 digital technology.
- This product can be used as an intercom between each
- This product can also be set in English, Spanish or French.
- This model also has a built-in answering machine with voicemail indicator.
- People have reported that the answering machine doesn’t always record messages.
This Clarity XLC3.4+ Amplified is not the best model featured in this article mainly down to the fact that it is very expensive to buy and doesn’t offer real value for money. As the name suggests this product is aimed at people who are hard of hearing as it is compatible with a hearing aid is also TIA-1083 compliant.
It also has four different tone settings than you can set to suit your own needs. In addition to this, it also has a 95dB extra-loud ringer. You will also be able to adjust the incoming volume up to 50dB and your outgoing speech up to 15dB to ensure that you can both hear each other clearly. It also has DECT 6.0 technology to help with this.
All these features sound good on paper but there is a problem. A lot of people have reported that these features did not work as well as they would have expected. Some people even reported that the phone was not loud enough given that they had paid this high price to have amplified sound.
In addition to this, some people also reported that this product was far too complicated to use and was not very user-friendly. However, there were some advantages to this model. It has a high-contrast caller ID screen with its large visibility and talking caller ID system.
If you decide to buy this product then you will also receive a dual-power battery that enables you to make calls if the power is out. You will also receive a belt clip.
- You can make calls even when the power runs out thanks to a dual-power battery.
- If you buy this product you will also receive a free belt clip.
- This product has a talking ID system as well as a large visibility caller ID display screen.
- The fact that this model is very expensive to buy will put some people off.
- Some people reported that the phone was not loud enough.
- Some people have reported that they found this product far too complicated to use.
What Features You Need To Focus On
Number Of Handsets
You need to make sure that you read each review fully as each different product comes with a different number of handsets. With some models, you will receive just the one handset within the purchase price but you will be able to buy additional handsets at an additional price.
Other models featured in this article will come with two or even three handsets included in the initial purchase price. It is always best to focus on what will suit your needs and if you are getting true value for money based on your requirements.
Hearing aid compatible
Some of the products featured in this article will be compatible with a hearing aid which makes life easier for people have hearing problems. It is important that you read each review fully to find out which model suits these needs.
Sound quality is vital when dealing with any type of phone. Most of the products in this feature come with adjustable volume control. Some also come with a background noise canceling feature.
Most of the products also have the advantage of having DECT 6.0 digital technology which means it produces the best sound quality and range available.
Like with any product it is important that you do your research fully before making a final buying decision. There are a number of things to consider such as price, the number of features it has, overall value for money and in this case sound quality is pretty vital.
All the products featured in this article are available to purchase from the amazon.com website by simply following the links provided.