What appliances are must haves in your kitchen? If you love coffee, you probably own a great espresso maker and incredible milk frother. If you appreciate a good stew, a crock pot probably sits on your counter. Whatever makes life simpler and your time in the kitchen shorter is worth it.
A home appliance that you may not have in your kitchen yet is a stainless steel electric skillet. A skillet is an item that can be used to prepare a variety of meals. From cooking meat to making a Spanish rice, there are several uses that you can get out of one, making it a worthy investment.
With living as busy as it is, it can be a challenge to cook healthy meals. An electric skillet can help you to cut down cooking time while being able to prepare some great, nourishing meals.
Do you have a large household and need a large electric skillet to be able to make enough? Is a mini electric skillet perfect for you and your single needs? There are plenty of different sizes and styles and the following electric skillet reviews will give you a better idea of what to look for.
Our Top 10 Best Electric Skillet Recommendations
#1 - Breville BEF450XL Thermal Pro Banquet: Large And In Charge
|| Large And In Charge||5.0 stars out of 5|
#2 - Cuisinart CSK-250WS GreenGourmet 14-Inch: Easy To Clean
|| Easy To Clean||4.5 stars out of 5|
#3 - Zojirushi EP-RAC50 Gourmet d’Expert: Great For Soups and Stews
|| Great For Soups and Stews||4.0 stars out of 5|
Table of Contents
- Our Top 10 Best Electric Skillet Recommendations
- 1. Breville BEF450XL Thermal Pro Banquet: Large And In Charge
- 2. Cuisinart CSK-250WS GreenGourmet 14-Inch: Easy To Clean
- 3. Zojirushi EP-RAC50 Gourmet d’Expert: Great For Soups and Stews
- 4. Oster CKSTSKFM12 12-Inch: Compact And Effective
- 5. Hamilton Beach 38528 Deep Dish Ceramic Skillet: Great For Deep Dish Meals
- 6. Precise Heat 16-Inch Rectangular Surgical Stainless Steel: Classy Design
- 7. Dash 14″ Family Size Rapid Skillet: Easy To Use
- 8. Culina 18/10 Stainless Steel: When You Need More Space
- 9. Presto 16-inch Ceramic with glass cover: The Most Reliable Lid For Trapping Heat
- 10. Precise Heat 3-1/2-Quart Surgical Stainless-Steel: Attractive But Not The Best
- What Features You Need To Focus On
With 15 different heat settings, you can use the Breville BEF45OXL to make all kinds of food. From simmer to sear, this skillet certainly offers versatile use. If you have a large home with little mouths to feed, you’ll appreciate that the Breville has a 6-quart capacity.
The Breville has a strong build with aluminum bonded to stainless steel, so if you’re looking for durability, this option has it. This features also aids in keeping the food hot, so you can serve it in the skillet, if you so wish. It also has a feature with a pan tilt lever, which is great for draining oils and fats from your food. The non-stick surface is also everything that you could hope for in a skillet. This helps for a much cleaner meal prep.
It has an electric thermostat and even heat distribution, so that your food turns out as amazingly as it should. Whether you have a big family or a special event coming up, this Breville offers a great size and heat settings.
- It has a non-stick surface, which is easy to clean
- It is made from quality materials, which makes it more durable than other options
- It heats up quickly, so that you can cook faster
- It’s easy to remove fat and oils, so you can easily serve the food in the same dish
- It has a large capacity, making it perfect for larger households
- It’s a bit too large to leave it out on the countertop if you have limited counter space
- The cooking cycle can be extremely high or extremely low, which could have an effect on your food
If you want an option that won’t take up much space and is easy to clean, this Cuisinart is ideal. With a 14-by-14-inch round cooking surface, it has plenty of cooking room without taking up too much space. If you’re concerned about using a product that is safe to cook food in, this one is ideal. It is petroleum-free and made from ceramic-based materials. It’s also free of PFOA and PTFE.
Because cleaning up after cooking can also take up a lot of time, you want something that is easy to clean. The Cuisinart skillet has a non-stick interior, so you can wash it as quickly as can be. Die-cast stainless steel handles mean that you can handle the skillet while its still hot. It also promises durability.
The Cuisinart has a tempered glass lid, so you can always check on your food while it’s cooking. With an instruction booklet included, it’s easy to know how to use the GreenGourmet. For it’s quality and great non-stick interior, it’s definitely worth its fair price.
- It’s a good quality skillet, which makes it a durable option
- It’s aesthetically pleasing and won’t take up much space, making it ideal for countertop placement
- The temperature control is easy to use
- It has a top non-stick interior for easy cleaning
- It’s offered at a fair price for its design and quality
- The lid’s vent hole is a bit small, which causes a build up of moisture in the skillet
- It’s a bit heavy, which could make it hard for some people to carry it
If you love your fondue or your soups, the Zojirushi is a great option. Because it has a deep-dish pan, it’s easy to make stews in it. It also has an adjustable height steaming plate, which is a helpful feature. With a titanium-ceramic flat plate, this option heats evenly, so you can trust that your dishes will come out great.
The temperature controls are also adjustable, so that you can get the perfect heat for what you want to cook. The stay-cool side handles are every cook’s dream—no more burnt palms. The Zojirushi has a glass lid, so that you can easily see the food’s progress as it cooks, without having to let any heat out.
It’s also easy to clean with a non-stick interior. At a decent price, it’s worth considering, especially if you’ve been looking for a deep-dish option.
- It’s aesthetically pleasing and will look good in any kitchen
- It heats food evenly, so you can depend on it for your meal prep
- It has high, adjustable temperatures, so you can prepare a broad range of food
- The handles stay cool when the skillet is hot for your safety
- It has an adjustable steaming plate, which is ideal for cooking vegetables
- It takes a while to get hot, which could be a concern for some
- It is coated with PTFE, which some people don’t like to have in their cooking appliances
You don’t want to invest in a large skillet, unless you have a large household. Large ones take up a lot of room, so you may want to consider one like the Oster. As a 12-inch skillet, it’s big enough to make food for two, but small enough to fit on your counter.
It’s non-stick interior and exterior means that you can easily clean the inside after cooking, as well as any residue on the outside. The Oster also includes a removable adjustable control probe. With a tempered glass lid, you can easily check on your food while it’s being prepared.
With cool touch handles, you can easily transfer the skillet from one place to another, even if it’s hot. Best of all, the skillet and lid can both be washed in a dishwasher.
- It is dishwasher-safe and has non-stick features for easy cleaning
- It isn’t too bulky, so you can easily fit it on your countertop
- It heats up quickly, so meal prep goes quickly
- Its compact size makes it easy to fit in any kitchen
- It has a clear glass lid for easy monitoring while cooking
- It needs to be perfectly level for the best results
- It may be a bit too small for those who need to cook more
The Hamilton Beach has a nice deep dish for preparing your favorite meals. With a ceramic non-stick coating, you can easily clean it after each use. It is designed to be more durable than other options, so you don’t have to worry about it peeling. After all, there is nothing more annoying than pieces of Teflon in your rice. It helps that the Hamilton Beach is PTFE and PFOA free.
With a 12” x 15” cooking surface, it is large enough to make large meals without taking up too much countertop space. As any cook knows, a transparent lid is a must. Fortunately for you, this option has one. It’s easy to clean and has adjustable settings to help you prepare a broad variety of meals.
The Hamilton Beach is offered at a great price, so if you are budget shopping and need something that will feed your family, it’s a good choice.
- It is accessibly priced, so you don’t have to break the bank for a skillet
- It is ideal for deep-dish meals
- It is easy to clean, thanks to the non-stick coating
- It is just the right size for easy use in any kitchen, large or small
- It can be used to prepare a variety of dishes, making it more versatile than some others
- It does tend to have hot spots, which can affect some dishes
- Its base is a little too flimsy which affects heat distribution
If you like your skillets to be long and deep, you’ll appreciate the Precise Heat. At 16”, it is big enough to prepare enough food for a family. Whether you have a lot of food to prepare for a party or for your kids, it can definitely help. With non-slip feet and insulated handles, the Precise Heat can double up as a serving dish as well.
Adjustable temperature controls enable you to get the perfect heat setting for your meals. While glass lids are great for checking on your food, this stainless-steel lid does wonders for heat retention.
Its classic design makes it look good for special occasions. It also helps you to be able to cook and serve the meal in one dish. For those who hate kitchen clean-up, this is a God-send.
- It’s durable and won’t scratch easily, so it can look good for months to come
- It has good heat retention with its stainless-steel lid
- It looks great and can be used to serve food for special occasions
- Its handles stay cool, so you don’t have to worry about burning yourself
- It is big enough to cook plenty of food at a time, making it ideal for families
- It isn’t as easy to clean as other options
- The lid isn’t transparent, which may be an issue for some
The Dash is ideal for quick meal preps. When you find that you just don’t have enough burner space, it can help to provide more cooking room for your family. It has a 2.5 depth and 14” surface. With stick-resistant ceramic, you can trust that this option will be easy to clean. This material also helps to keep your food free of unhealthy chemicals found in other skillets.
With the ability to heat up to 450-degrees, the Dash allows you to prepare all kinds of meals. It also heats up quickly, so you don’t have to wait too long to get cooking. Because it is available in 4 different colors, you can choose the one that matches your current kitchen appliances.
If you’ve been looking for a skillet that is easy to clean and simple to use, consider the Dash. A big plus is its low price.
- It is big enough to prepare meals for your family
- It heats up quickly, which is always great
- It is safe to use, so you can be sure that you’re preparing healthy food
- It is inexpensive, which is great for budget shoppers
- It is very easy to clean, so you don’t have to stress about the aftermath of cooking
- It is a bit too big for some kitchen spaces
- It may burn food if set on the highest temperature
Sometimes, you just need more pots, pans, or burners. With the Culina, you can have a backup skillet whenever you need one. Because it’s not too large, you can easily store it when it’s not in use. As a PTFE and PFOA free skillet, you don’t need to worry about chemicals in your food. The Culina also has non-stick coating, so it’s very easy to clean.
Made from 18/10 stainless steel, the Culina is both durable and beautiful. With cool-touch handles, you can easily carry your food from countertop to table, even while hot. Because there couldn’t be anything less safe than a skillet that can slide off a counter, you’ll appreciate the four rubber feet. They are made from thermoplastic to be able to withstand the heat.
The Culina is offered at a good price and cooks food evenly. All in all, it’s a good space-saving option for smaller households.
- The non-stick coating makes it easy to clean
- It doesn’t take up a lot of room, so it’s ideal for small counterspace
- It’s made from quality materials, so it will last a long time
- It has indicator lights to help you keep an eye on your food
- It’s reasonably priced and offers good quality
- The lid handle tends to get too hot
- The plug tends to fall out easily
For those who like rectangular skillets, the Presto is a good option. It offers plenty of room for you to be able to prepare large amounts of food at a time. The walls are high enough to prepare deep dish meals, making it a versatile option. Whether you want to bake or grill, the Presto makes it easy to cook almost anything.
With a tempered glass cover, the Presto is pretty enough to use as a serving dish for special occasions. The non-stick interior helps to make it easy to clean and because the Presto is made from heavy-cast aluminum, it won’t warp easily.
It can be washed in a sink, just remember to remove the heat control beforehand. If you’re tired of options with faulty lids, you’ll appreciate that the Presto does a good job at keeping the steam in for top results.
- It heats up quickly for faster meal prep time
- It is great for deep-dish meals
- It is made from quality materials that won’t warp easily
- It won’t take up too much room on your counterspace
- It’s easy to clean, which is always a positive when it comes to cooking appliances
- You will have to assemble some parts of it when it arrives
- It doesn’t have a transparent lid, which may matter to some people
It may not be copper or gold, but the Precise Heat has heavy-gauge stainless steel material which makes it durable. The mirror finish is unique and classy and gives it a high-end appearance. With stay-cool handles and knobs, you don’t have to worry about burnt hands with this option. You can easily use it for cooking and serving and no one needs to know.
Its easy to clean and you don’t have to use much oil or water with it. While somewhat over-priced for its size and features, if you like shiny appliances, you’ll appreciate this one.
- It has an attractive design that can look good in almost any kitchen
- It does a decent job at evenly cooking meals
- It has a strong, heavy-duty build
- It doesn’t have any harmful coating, so you can be sure that you won’t be eating chemicals
- Food doesn’t easily stick to it, making it easy to clean
- It’s a bit too heavy
- It’s overpriced for its features and quality
What Features You Need To Focus On
As you can see, there are different shapes and sizes and the one you choose is dependent on your needs. The following features will give you an idea on what to look for while shopping for the best electric skillet.
It’s important to have an idea of where to place your skillet before you buy it. If you’re looking for one to cook for the whole family, you will want to consider a larger option. Keep in mind that you also need to find counter space for it. There are some options that are more compact yet provide you with enough space to prepare for more than a couple of people. If it’s just for you, a mini electric skillet may do just fine.
Some people like Teflon coating, but because it can easily get into the food, there are many who don’t. If you want to avoid chemicals in your meals, choose options that are free of harmful materials in the non-stick coating.
Not every skillet that is coated will contain harmful substances but try to stay away from ones with PTFE and PFOA. If you want to be able to easily clean your skillet, a non-stick interior is important.
While shape may not matter that much, one shape may be easier to prepare with than another. If you like preparing casseroles for family meals, rectangular skillets are usually better for this.
Soups and stews can be made in a rectangular option, but many prefer to use round skillets for them. It is a matter of preference but can influence the results. Something else to consider about shape is where you will want to place your electric skillet. It may be easier to fit a round option on your countertop than it would a rectangular skillet.
Deep dish meals can be easy and fun to make, but of course, a deep-dish skillet will help. If you often like to prepare your favorite deep-dish meals, you will want to consider depth while shopping.
If you’re not a fan of deep-dish recipes, then there is no reason to pay too much attention to depth.
If you like to keep an eye on your food while it’s cooking, a transparent lid is always ideal. It helps you to be able to notice if the skillet is doing well holding the steam. You can also be prepared to turn it off, as soon as you see its done.
Are you ready to spend less time in the kitchen but still prepare incredible dishes? There are several options to choose from above. Whether you want a mini-one just for you or a large, heavy one for special occasions, there is something for you. Which one is your favorite?