Congratulations whether this is your first child or your tenth! Each child is unique and so is each mother. For this reason, it’s important to know what you want for you and your child to make those early months more enjoyable for both of you.
There’s so much you have to purchase that you’ll be asking yourself: ‘What do I really need?’ We consider a nursing chair to be a necessity if you want to avoid a fretful baby and avoid becoming anxious yourself.
But they’re not cheap – on average you’re talking about somewhere between 100 to 300 dollars unless you want to go really upmarket. Then the sky’s the limit!
Of course, the choice is yours. Maybe you didn’t have one for your first child and everything was ok. But don’t forget, there are no siblings around with a first child so you had time to relax!
Although a nursing chair is what it says – a chair to sit in while nursing baby – you can also sit in it to relax with your toddler when baby is sleeping. Once you’ve had one you’ll never want to do without one.
Our Top 10 Best Nursing Chair Recommendations
Feeding baby in comfort is a real must for both you and your baby. After all, you’ve already suffered enough discomfort throughout your pregnancy and in giving birth! You’ll be guaranteed the comfort you need while feeding if you invest in a nursing chair. Now the question is: ‘How do I know which chair to purchase?’ To help make you come to a decision take a look at our reviews of the 10 best rocking chairs for nursery. There’s something amongst them for everyone, whatever your budget.
| #1 - Baby Relax Mikayla Swivel Gliding Recliner || Very Comfortable Chair||5.0 stars out of 5|
| #2 - Naomi Home Odelia Swivel Gliding Rocker Recliner || Classy and Stylish||4.5 stars out of 5|
| #3 - DaVinci Olive Upholstered Swivel Glider || 100% Fire Resistant Polyester Fabric||4.0 stars out of 5|
Table of Contents
- Our Top 10 Best Nursing Chair Recommendations
- 1. Baby Relax Mikayla Swivel Gliding Recliner
- 2. Naomi Home Odelia Swivel Gliding Rocker Recliner
- 3. DaVinci Olive Upholstered Swivel Glider
- 4. Coaster Deluxe Swivel Glider
- 5. Windsor Glider and Ottoman
- 6. Esright Grey Fabric Rocker
- 7. Angel Line Monterey Glider & Ottoman
- 8. Coaster Home Furnishings Glider and Ottoman Set
- 9. Naomi Home Brisbane Glider & Ottoman Set
- 10. Baby Relax Double Rocker
- What Features You Need To Focus On
Although the nursery is the ideal place for feeding, this product won’t look out of place if you have it in your living room. It comes in a choice of colors each with an elegant white welt trim and button tufting on the backrest. Being easy to clean you won’t need to be concerned about baby throwing up any milk after a feed.
The track arm feature is so designed for comfort for your arms. At the same time, you’ll be able to glide the chair due to the rotating swivel function. And what’s more, you’ll be able to put your feet up as there is a built-in leg rest. This is activated by a built-in mechanism that also allows you to recline the chair to a more comfortable position.
The chair measures 41.75 inches x 30 inches x 37 inches and holds a weight of 225 lbs.
- It has a rotating swivel action
- It has a smooth gliding motion
- The track arm design offers support for your arms
- It has a built-in leg rest
- It’s elegant with its welt trim and button tufting on the backrest
- It’s not really suitable for shorter people
- The arm rests may not be soft enough for some
This is a classy, stylish product that will compliment either your nursery or your living room. For extra comfort the seat is foam filled with a spring core. The complete chair is covered with a soft plush fabric of top quality that can be spot cleaned. And there’s button tufting on the backrest.
The track arm feature ensures comfort for your arms at all times. And there’s a footrest included for comfort for your feet and legs. It also has a ball bearing mechanism that allows the chair to glide smoothly and swivel as the need may be. What’s more, you’ll be able to recline in it for the ultimate in comfort.
The measurements are 41.80 inches x 30 inches x 37 inches
- It has a rotating swivel function
- It glides easily due to its ball bearing mechanism
- There’s a footrest and track arm feature for extra comfort
- It has a spring core foam filled seat
- It’s covered in a soft elegant fabric with button tufting
- It could be more comfortable when fully reclined
- It needs a little force to keep it in a reclining position
Should you be looking for something offering a little extra this is the one for you. There’s no footrest with this chair, but there is an upholstered ottoman to rest your feet on. You just need to be aware that it doesn’t rock with the chair.
A further extra is the lumbar pillow that offers extra support for your lower back. As the chair is high backed you’ll also have support for you head and neck.
This chair is metal based and is covered in a 100% fire resistant polyester fabric that is really soft and durable. This is a recliner that you’ll even be able to use after your baby has stopped nursing.
It measures 39.8 inches x 28.5 inches x 33.5 inches, which makes it a little smaller than some other brands.
- It’s made from soft, durable polyester fabric
- It’s free of chemical flame retardants
- There’s an upholstered ottoman included
- It has a high back with lumbar pillow included for extra lower back support
- Its metal base allows for easy gliding
- It’s not as comfortable as some.
- The ottoman does not rock with the chair
This designer look chair really is deluxe. It’s a swivel glider recliner that is uniquely shaped and upholstered in high quality leatherette, which makes if completely durable. There’s an extra round base ottoman that has a glide function so you’ll be guaranteed comfort.
The padded seat cushion has a rounded front and glides smoothly. What’s more, the arm frames are made of steel with a pillow arm anchored on top. Add to this the fact that it reclines you’ll really get value for money as most recliners cost far more.
Be aware: you will need to purchase some kind of protector for your floor if you have a tiled or wooden floor.
The measurements are 43 inches x 28.5 inches x 31 inches
- It swivels, glides and reclines
- It’s uniquely shaped for comfort
- It has a rounded front to the seat cushion
- It’s upholstered with high quality leatherette
- There’s an ottoman with glide function supplied
- There are no floor protectors for tiled or wooden floor
- There’s a possibility of it squeaking a little
This will really be the cream on top of the cake in your nursery. It’s been designed with practicality in mind. This modern design chair has storage pockets on the side. Just right for keeping those wipes handy at all times. The wooden frames are finished in white, which sets off the grey cushions.
The padded cushions are covered in a grey cloth that can be removed for spot cleaning.
For extra comfort, there’s an ottoman, which, like the glider, has a solid wood frame. You won’t have to worry about it costing you an arm and a leg either!
It measures 39.5 inches x 25.8 inches x 24.8 inches so won’t be too bulky in your nursery.
- There are storage pockets for convenience
- Its padded cushions can be removed for spot cleaning
- It has a solid wood base and 100% polyester cushions
- The matching ottoman also has a solid wood frame
- It’s excellent value for money
- The seat could be too hard for some
- You may find that it squeaks after a while
Maybe you need something a little wider than average if you also have older children. If so, this is just what you’re looking for. The seat of this rocker is much wider than the regular chair. There’ll be room for your older children to sit in it with you. It’s also great if you’re above average in size – you won’t feel cramped in it!
You’ll really enjoy relaxing while rocking on this chair. It’s not cheap, but the size makes up for the price! The rocker feet are made from solid wood and are completely sturdy. The seat cushions and seat back are thickly padded and covered in a grey 100% polyester fabric.
The measurements are 40.9 inches x 31.9 inches x 36.4 inches – the ultimate in comfort!
- It’s much wider than regular rockers
- Its rocker feet are made of solid wood
- It has thick padded seat cushions and seat back
- The construction of it is sturdy
- It’s ideal for above average size people
- The recliner could be more stable
- The footrest is not easy to push in
This is another must for your nursery. The design is just right and it’s not too bulky. With its side pockets for storing those little things you need to keep handy it’s a delight. It also has padded arms, which is just what you need when holding baby.
The chair is made from a solid wood frame and so is the ottoman that comes with it. This means you can put your feet up while you’re rocking.
The metal bearings on the chair and the ottoman ensure that they both glide smoothly. The arms of the chair are padded and for your comfort both the chair and the ottoman have padded cushions. They are covered in a grey 100% polyester fabric that can be spot cleaned when necessary with no problem.
The chair measures 37.5 inches x 27.5 inches x 33.5 inches, which is just big enough for what you need.
- There are convenient storage pockets on the side
- There are padded arms for comfort
- It has removable chair cushions for easy spot cleaning
- The frame is made of solid wood
- There’s an ottoman also included
- It doesn’t recline
- The chair lifts up if you rock too hard
This set is attractively designed so it’s also suitable for keeping in the living room. Just be aware that you’ll need to use it on a carpet to avoid marking your wooden flooring.
The seat and the back have a unique shape and for ultimate comfort the seat cushion is rounded at the front. The arms are steel framed, but have pillow armrests.
An ottoman is also included in the price and both chair and ottoman are covered in leatherette and have a good glide function. You’ll really feel spoiled when using this chair, whether you’re nursing baby or just relaxing on your own.
The chair measures 42 inches x 28.5 inches x 31 inches while the ottoman measures 14.5 inches x 18 inches x 17 inches
- It’s made from high quality leatherette
- The seat and back are uniquely shaped
- The seat cushion has a rounded front
- The arms are steel framed with pillows attached
- The ottoman also has a glide function
- The rocking movement leaves marks on wooden floors
- It tends to squeak after a while
If your taste runs to classic designs, you won’t go wrong with this baby nursing chair. It’s a product that can be used even when your child gets older. Those late night feeds will no longer be uncomfortable as the smooth gliding motions of the chair will help you to unwind. The ottoman that comes with it is ideal for putting your feet up on while rocking.
The cushions are filled with 100% polyurethane foam and are covered with 100% polyester. This makes them completely soft and comfortable and also easy to clean.
It takes a maximum weight of 250 lbs. That should be enough for most people.
It is rather small with measurements of 39.5 inches x 25.8 inches x 24.8 inches, but as the saying goes it’s ‘little and lovely’!
- It’s covered in 100% polyester
- The cushions are made from 100% polyurethane foam
- It’s soft and comfortable
- It’s easy to spot clean
- It takes a weight of up to 250 lbs.
- There’s no lock mechanism to avoid gliding when trying to stand up
- It can be very squeaky
As a family size chair this is great. As it holds a weight of 225 lbs., you can curl up in it together with your child. You’ll be able to enjoy story time in it as your child gets older.
It’s seating capacity is larger than average so you’ll need to be sure you have space for it in whichever room you want to place it. The solid wood rocker feet are supposedly made to last. The chair is upholstered in a dark taupe linen look polyester fabric and has a contrasting white welt. On the negative side, the armrests are a little too low for comfort.
This one is OK but not great and ideally avoided.
Its measurements are 41.2 inches x 34.8 inches x 37.2 inches
- It’s much wider than regular rockers
- The rocker feet are made from solid wood
- It’s upholstered with 100% dark taupe polyester fabric
- It features two-toned contrasting welting
- It has a weight capacity of 225 lbs.
- It’s not bad but not great, poorly constructed
- The arm rests could be too low for some
What Features You Need To Focus On
How many times have you bought something on impulse only to find it didn’t do what you expected it to? To avoid this happening, you should always check out a product’s features before purchasing, whatever you buy.
But now, you’re not looking for just anything – you’ll want the best for your baby! You won’t want to purchase a product before baby is born only to find that you’re disappointed with it when you sit in it with baby.
So how can you be sure that you won’t be disappointed? If this isn’t your first child, you’ll know exactly what is right for you. But with a first child you won’t know this from experience.
Friends may have recommended a product to you, but just because they were happy with it doesn’t mean to say that it will meet your expectations. Also, their baby isn’t your baby. But, of course, that perfect little one you’re expecting won’t be quite as perfect when it throws up over you and the rocker or is crotchety during the night. You’ll still love it, of course, but you’ll need something to help you get through such times. What better than a nursing chair that will not only relax you, but will also relax baby.
To help you make a decision on which product to purchase we’ve compiled a list of features you should first consider.
This is an expensive time for you with all you need to purchase before baby arrives. No doubt you’ve set a budget so will need to know just how much you can afford to spend on a nursery recliner chair. There are also cheap rocking chairs for nursery on the market. The important thing is that it’s the best nursing chair for your needs that is also affordable. It you’re looking for a product that will last as your family grows then you’ll need to spend more than if you just want it to last for one child. If you don’t check your budget before looking for a product you’ll find yourself being disappointed. Image seeing just what you want, but it’s right out of your price range.
This is one of the most important features. You won’t want to have any accidents while sitting in it and nursing baby. The chair needs to be able to take your weight. Most chairs take a lot of weight, but if you are oversized then this could be a problem. You’ll need to be sure that your feet touch the floor so it’s advisable to test one out first.
If the height isn’t right you won’t get the support you need. Padded arms on a chair are a must as you’ll be holding baby for quite some time while feeding. Should you also want to use a nursing pillow while sitting in it, you’ll need a product with wider arms. Whereby a chair with contoured arms will allow you to try out different positions of feeding baby.
You’ll need to have enough support for your back. This is not only to prevent backache, but also to help you relax while breastfeeding or bottle-feeding. After all, you’ll find yourself using it for many hours each day. Feeding baby doesn’t just take a few minutes! What’s more: you can enjoy just relaxing in it with baby once feeding time is over.
Even cheap nursing chairs should last more than a few weeks, no matter how cheap they are. The chair will need to be sturdy enough to hold both you and baby together. Maybe you’re looking for something that older siblings will be able to curl up in with you, too. It’s advisable to check out what the weight limit is for a chair before you end up disappointing baby’s siblings! The construction of the product needs to be strong enough to hold a good weight.
No, your baby isn’t going to be that perfect little being that you expect! There’ll be times when baby will throw up a little, or maybe throw up the whole feed. Just imagine that over the rocker! There’s also a possibility, whether you breastfeed or bottle feed, some milk will spill. Do you really want to just leave it there to turn sour? It really is important that you can remove the covers and clean them, even if only for spot cleaning. If siblings are also around, or when baby gets bigger, there’s a possibility of the chair being covered in drool or juice being spilled on it.
Hopefully, these features will help you come to a decision of what exactly you are looking for. Once you know what you want, it’s time to check out products. From the 10 products we’ve reviewed, we’re sure there’s one that will meet your expectations. Have fun with it!