Are you planning a trip that will require you to take a long flight? Do you love music and listen to it at every chance you get? Are you a gamer who wants to enhance your experience? Do you know what you need? Headphones.
Headphones, but not just any pair. Ones that go on your ear vs over ear are not going to block out sound like a pair of wired over ear headphones would. They may look bulky and take some time getting used to, but the experience will be incredible.
Just imagine doing your workout at the gym without hearing what’s going on around you. Or, flying to China and not hearing the engines. The best over ear headphones can make mundane experiences incredible ones, simply due to the sound quality.
Of course, you want to get a good quality pair to be sure that outside noise is no longer heard. To help you decide, the following reviews are of some of the most affordable and quality ones on the market.
Our Top 10 Best Over Ear Headphones Recommendations
| #1 - Bose QuietComfort 35 (Series II) || Great For Keeping Noise Away||5.0 stars out of 5|
| #2 - Sennheiser HD 650 || Highly Durable And Replaceable||4.5 stars out of 5|
| #3 - Sony Noise Cancelling WH1000XM2 || The Smart Headphones||4.0 stars out of 5|
Table of Contents
- Our Top 10 Best Over Ear Headphones Recommendations
- 1. Bose QuietComfort 35 (Series II): Great For Keeping Noise Away
- 2. Sennheiser HD 650: Highly Durable And Replaceable
- 3. Sony Noise Cancelling WH1000XM2: The Smart Headphones
- 4. Skullcandy Crusher: Good Quality for Fair Price
- 5. Mpow 059 Bluetooth: A Cheap Option With A Cool Design
- 6. SIVGA Over Ear SV002: Compatible With Many Devices
- 7. COWIN E7 Active Noise Cancelling: Top Noise Cancellation Benefits
- 8. Ghostek soDrop 2 Premium: The Most Modern Design
- 9. Sony MDR7506: The Longest Cord Ever
- 10. Sentey Thorx LS-4430: Pricey For What They Offer
- What Features You Need To Focus On
- Noise Cancellation
- Ear Cups
- Sound Leakage
Whether you’re going on a long flight or enjoy your music like it’s nobody’s business, you want good headphones. Over ear headphones can help to keep the noise out and the music in your ears.
These Bose earphones are great for listening to music or taking calls. For example, with a noise-rejecting dual-microphone system, you can take calls without worrying about the noise in the background.
The Bose also provides voice access to your phone’s VA. With volume-optimized EQ, the sound quality on these headphones is better than many other options. It also has Bluetooth and NFC pairing.
You can easily adjust the level of noise cancellation according to your preference. They have 20 hours of wireless play time and a rechargeable lithium-ion battery. These headphones are ideal for the busy individual who doesn’t have time for charging. If you’re looking for over ear Bluetooth headphones, these are some of the best smart headphones around.
- They work wonders in noise cancellation, making them ideal for use in high noise situations
- The noise cancellation settings are adjustable, so you can always have the perfect experience
- The battery is long-lasting and rechargeable, so you can depend on these headphones no matter what
- As large as they are, they feel lightweight, making it easy to use them for a variety of activities
- The design surrounds your ear for maximum comfort and audio benefits, making them a top favorite
- The Bluetooth connectivity may have issues at times, which could be annoying if used daily
- Notifications and calls are just as loud as music, which could be irritating
The Sennheiser have a unique design, making them stand out from other options. With specially designed acoustic silk, you can be sure that THD will be reduced. It has an improved frequency response that is 10-39,500 Hz.
Because of the high-power neodymium magnets, you can be sure that these headphones work well. The lightweight aluminum voice coils also allow for a fast transient response. They are also optimized for hi-resolution recordings, which is a unique feature not always found on headphones.
Made from high-quality titanium with a silver finish, you can trust these headphones to be long-lasting and reliable. They can be used with a variety of hi-fi components.
Another attractive feature on this product is the fact that you can replace the cord and ear pads. This helps to make it an even more durable option.
- They have great sound quality, so you can use them for anything from gaming to music
- They are made from durable materials, so they’ll last for quite a while
- They are comfortable to use, so you can wear them for hours on end
- Different parts are replaceable, which makes them even more durable than most
- They provide a clear sound and effectively block out background sound, making them worth their price
- They are bit pricey, which could be challenging for those shopping on a budget
- They don’t have the most stylish appearance, which may matter to some
The Sony Noise headphones are a top favorite, due to some of their attractive features. For example, they have Smart Listening which will adjust the sound according to your ambiance. You can also easily turn the volume down with a hand over the ear cup. This takes away the hassle of having to fuss around for the volume controls.
You can also easily switch tracks and receive calls by the touch control on these headphones. The battery can last for up to 30 hours and also has a quick-charging setting for when you want to use it for a quick run.
You can use these with the wire or use it hands-free, the Sony Noise Canceling work either way. The package includes a carrying case, airplane adapter, cables, and manual. Not all headphones include as many accessories, making this an attractive option. If you want to get a good pair of noise cancelling headphones, these are a great choice. Plus, they look good.
- It has a fantastic battery life, so you can depend on it for hours of music
- They have great control settings, making them extremely simple to use
- They are effective in blocking out noise, which is what you want in this type of earphone
- They have a number of helpful accessories, making it great for travel and versatile use
- They have a sleek attractive design, so you don’t have to be embarrassed about wearing them
- The smart features may misfunction every now and then
- They have a snug fit, which could be annoying for some
Comfortable and unique, these headphones are both dependable and trendy. With a dual driver immersion, the Skullcandy Crusher ensures that you will definitely feel the music. With a Bluetooth feature, you can have wireless freedom with this beauty.
With custom-tuned drivers, you’ll get that rich bass feel while listening to music. If you’re concerned about being able to hear noise while using them, there is no need to worry. The memory foam ear cups are not only comfortable, but they also have noise isolating seals.
The buttons on the ear cups make it easy to change volume and end calls. This is helpful in avoiding issues associated with control touch headphones.
The design is foldable, for easy storing when you’re not using them. Made from metal and leather, they can work well for months of use. They also have 40 hours of battery life, which makes them great for long trips.
- They are reasonably priced and offer decent quality, making them an attractive option
- The bass can be played around with, which is a lot of fun for many music fanatics
- They have good, balanced audio quality, which is what most people want in their headphones
- 40 hours of battery life make this a great option for long flights
- Bluetooth connectivity works well, so you can depend on using them wirelessly
- They aren’t made from as durable materials as others, which may mean they’ll break sooner than others
- These headphones don’t extend as much as others, which could be an issue for some
The Mpow 059 are good-looking headphones. Fortunately, they aren’t only about aesthetics. They have excellent sound quality, so you’re able to hear your favorite tunes clearly. It’s closed-back design means that you’ll get Hi-Fi sound with the CSR chip and driver.
The ear cushion is comfortable and soft, so you won’t be bothered using it for hours on end. It’s stainless steel slider helps to keep the headphones durable while the padded headband keeps you comfortable. While they aren’t designed for noise cancellation, they do a good job at keeping the sound out.
The Mpow are a Bluetooth headset with a built-in mic, so you can easily answer phone calls with this device. Because many people like their headphones for travel, you’ll appreciate the foldable design. It also includes a portable bag. If you like to add some style to your electronic devices, you’ll appreciate that this option is available in a variety of colors. They may very well be the best cheap over ear headphones that you could find.
- The ear cushioning is highly comfortable, for extensive periods of use
- They are more affordable than most, making them great for those shopping on a budget
- The flat ear cup design helps to make them more comfortable for versatile use
- They are aesthetically pleasing, making them perfect for fashion-conscious individuals
- They have Bluetooth functions, which is always an attractive feature
- These headphones don’t have a long battery life, which may be an issue for some
- They don’t have noise cancellation, so if that’s important to you, you may want another option
Sleek, attractive, and comfortable, the SIVGA has the right components you want. Their wood design is unique and gives it an original flair. With noise isolation, you don’t have to worry about background sounds while listening to music.
The Beryllium 50mm speakers work well and with a frequency response of a 20-20k Hz, the SIVGA is dependable. They are also compatible with many different devices, so whether you have an iPhone or an mp3 player, you can use them.
The leather ear cups make it comfortable to wear the SIVGA headphones for hours at a time. The sound quality is great for the price and won’t disappoint. They have a long cable for convenient use and they are more lightweight than other options. If you’re looking for dependable, attractive, and decently-priced headphones, the SIVGA may be the best for you.
- They are aesthetically pleasing, which makes them stand out as a good option
- They are affordably priced, so you don’t have to break the bank to buy them
- They have great compatibility with several brands of devices, making them convenient
- They have decent noise isolation for more enjoyable experiences listening to music
- They have a long cable for convenient use, so you can use them anywhere and everywhere
- The treble may be too loud, which can be a negative factor for some
- The sound quality isn’t as great as some other options
Some people, like gamers and music fanatics, love headphones that completely block out external sounds. With some of the best noise cancellation around, these are for you. They have Professional Active Noise Cancelling Technology, that actually works! This function works whether you’re using wire or wireless.
They have 40 mm large-aperture drivers. The COWIN also has a built-in microphone, so you can use it as a headset for gaming or phone calls. It has Bluetooth connectivity, so you don’t have to depend on wires, making it a comfortable option to use.
With an around-ear fit and a soft textured ear cup, the COWIN are comfortable to wear. With a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, you can use the COWIN headphones for hours at a time. It also includes a compact case for travel use. All in all, this option is a dependable, attractive, and affordable product.
- They work wonders for noise cancellation, making them a favorite for gamers and music purists
- They are priced affordably, so you can purchase them if shopping on a budget
- The ear cups are comfortable and won’t hurt your ears after hours of use
- The battery life is great, so you can use them for long trips
- They don’t pressure your head while in use and fit most people, making them ideal for many users
- Some may not like the slight vibration present when using noise cancellation
- The ear cups aren’t as large as others, making them too small for people with larger ears
If you’re looking for something different, the Ghostek may be the headphones for you. With a boxy looking design, they are a modern alternative to more traditional round ear cups. They are also bass sensitive and have bi-directional noise technology.
With Bluetooth 4.0 technology and HD crystal clear sound, these headphones are easy to use, no matter the activity. There is also a microphone in an ear cup, so you can make calls when need be.
The Ghostek headphones are available in different colors. With high-quality soft leather in the ear cups, you can trust that they are both durable and comfortable to wear. This product also includes a carry case, so if you’re hoping for travel headphones, these are ideal. With smooth buttons, you can easily control the volume and more.
- They have good sound quality for those times when you want to hear great music
- They are made from quality materials, so you can trust that they will last for months to come
- The noise cancellation works well, which is great for those who like watching movies at home in a full household
- The ear cups are very comfortable, which makes these headphones great for long hours of use
- You can easily receive calls on these headphones, making them highly convenient
- The Bluetooth connectivity isn’t the best, which could be a deciding factor for some
- They don’t work so well with multiple devices, which may not make them a match for you
Looking a bit old-school, this Sony option may at first throw you off. But, if you take a closer look, you’ll discover that these headphones have some great features. For example, the 9.8 foot cord with a gold-plated plug is not something that you see every day. It’s convenient for versatile use.
It can fold up for travel use and includes a soft case for easy carrying. As large diaphragm headphones, they are great for most people. With a strong, durable construction, you can trust that they won’t give up the ghost too soon.
The Neodymium magnets and 40mm drivers ensure that you get good sound quality. The headband also has padding for added comfort. These headphones are available at a low price.
- They include a great carry case, so you can take them on long trips
- They have low sound leakage, so your music will be for just you and not everyone surrounding you
- The coiled cable is nice and long, which is an attractive feature for many
- They offer decent sound quality, which is something you want to hear about headphones
- They are inexpensive, making them a great option for budget-shoppers
- The bass isn’t the best on these, which could be an issue for rock lovers
- They don’t have the best noise isolation, which could be an issue for some
With two neodymium backed 40mm Hi-FI drivers, you can get good sound quality with the Sentey. They have a lightweight design that won’t get in the way, if you need to use them while active.
The stainless-steel headband with an anodized finish helps with durability. To be sure that you some noise isolation and comfort, the Sentey is designed with memory foam ear cups. If you’re planning trips and want a good pair of headphones, these are foldable, so you can easily store them in your bag when not in use.
The cable has a microphone and buttons for controlling volume and calls. If you want a decent pair of headphones, these are well-built.
- They look good, so you won’t be embarrassed wearing them
- They have a strong and sturdy headband that won’t break easily
- They are foldable, making them easy to take on trips
- They are comfortable to wear, making them ideal for long hours of using them
- They don’t have sound leakage, which is always convenient for office use
- They don’t have the best noise cancellation
- They may be too small for some people with larger heads
What Features You Need To Focus On
With so many different ones to choose, how do you find the right option for you? The following features are important ones to pay attention to. Check them out.
If you enjoy hearing good music with no distractions, want to block out the sound of plane engines, or use them for gaming, look for noise cancellation. Noise cancellation keeps the background sounds out, so you can focus solely on what you are listening to.
If you are planning to use them for long hours, consider how the ear cups feel. If they are made from soft leather, you can almost be sure that they will feel amazing for long hours.
If you’re hoping to be able to use your headphones at an office, be sure to check out ones that don’t have sound leakage. Your music may be great for you, but your co-workers may not love it.
If you don’t want to use cords that get in the way, check out wireless options with Bluetooth. You don’t have to worry about messing with a cord and they are typically more comfortable to use.
You want your headphones to last, so look for strong, durable materials when shopping. Leather, stainless steel, and metal are usually good ones to start off with.
Whether you order from amazon or from a store, you want headphones that will provide you with great sound quality. You also want to look for durability and affordability and the above options offer both. Which one did you like best?