Going into 2018 we all want to be living a healthier lifestyle so what better way to do that than to invest in a smoothie blender. With a blending machine, you are able to make your own healthy drinks that can be made from fruit, vegetables, milk, ice and other ingredients that are full of goodness.
The problem is there are so many different smoothie blender reviews on the internet it is easy to waste time looking for the right one. To help you with this process we have done all the hard work for you and have compiled our top ten best smoothie blender reviews for 2018.
So just sit back and read this comprehensive article in order to gain some useful knowledge before making your final purchasing choice. You will definitely find a great option for your budget.
Table of Contents
- Our Top 10 Best Smoothie Blender Recommendations
- 1 – SKG Multifunctional Smoothie Blender: Commercial Grade Option
- 2 – Nutri Ninja Auto-iQ: Simplest Option For Personal Use
- 3 – COSORI Smoothie Blender: Great Value For Money
- 4 – HOMEASY Personal Blender: Ideal For Daily Use
- 5 – Aicok 300W Single Serve: The Cheapest Option
- 6 – Nutri Ninja Pro: The Most Stylish Option
- 7 – Ninja With Nutri Ninja Cups: Excellent Speed And Capacity
- 8 – Smeg 50’s Retro Style: Looks And Works Great
- 9 – Ninja Professional BL610: The Smallest Option
- 10 – Hamilton Beach Single Serve: Cheap But Also Very Limited
- What Features You Need To Focus On
- Program Settings
Our Top 10 Best Smoothie Blender Recommendations
1 – SKG Multifunctional Smoothie Blender: Commercial Grade Option
This SKG Multifunctional Smoothie Blender is arguably the best option on this top ten list – but it is on the pricey side. It is made out of high-quality stainless steel as well as having an unbreakable PC jar and BPA-free Tritan with spill-proof lid. All this combines to ensure that this unit is durable, portable and safe to use.
One of the main benefits of this machine is that it comes with 8-preset auto programs which helps you to prepare drinks and meals more easily. You can use a wide range of ingredients in this unit such as wheat grass, soup, smoothie, soy milk, nuts, ice crush and meat mincing. It also has the advantage of having an auto clean function.
This unit is commercial grade standard which is one of the reasons why it has been designed with a top-quality AC motor. The 1400-watt motor functionality coupled with high-tech blades allows this machine to make light work of even tough ingredients. As well as being able to blend, shred, grind and chop it also has a volume capacity of 1500ml.
With this unit, you don’t have to worry about getting your meals or drinks wrong as it has a built-in temperature limiter with automatic-reset function. This ensures you are protected from overheating.
When it comes to cleaning this product, your life is made easier thanks to it having a run and clean program. You simply add hot water and soap and touch the button to clean. In addition to this, the unit also has dishwasher-safe parts.
- Made of high-quality stainless steel and has an unbreakable PC jar and BPA-free Tritan with spill-proof lid.
- Commercial grade functionality.
- Is able to blend, shred, grind and chop.
- Has an automatic clean function.
- Has high-tech blades and a top-quality AC 1400-watt motor.
- Some people will be put off by this product’s expensive price.
2 – Nutri Ninja Auto-iQ: Simplest Option For Personal Use
If you are looking to purchase an affordable, easy to use a blender then you need to take a closer look at this Nutri Ninja Auto-iQ model. This machine is pretty powerful as it runs on 1000-watts and has a number of automatic-iQ programs which are simple to use. All you have to do is add the ingredients press the button and away to go.
As the name suggests the Nutri Ninja is able to produce drinks that are full of goodness, nutrient and vitamins.
This is made possible largely due to the fact that this product has high-tech pro extractor blades combined with the auto-iQ technology is able to break down whole fruits, ice, seeds and vegetables.
You will always be able to make the perfect smoothie due to this model also having a digital countdown timer. The timer shows you exactly how much processing time is remaining. As well as the auto-iQ program you can also use this unit manually at two different speeds. This model also has an easy-to-use twist on lids that make sipping your drink effortless when on the go.
If you decide to purchase this product you will also receive three Tritan cups which come in different sizes 18oz, 24oz and 32oz. In addition to this, you will also get two Spout lids, 30-recipe inspiration guide and a quick-start guide instruction book.
- Easy to use thanks to having Auto-iQ technology.
- Affordable value for money price.
- All parts are dishwasher-friendly and BPA-free.
- Has a digital countdown timer.
- Three free Tritan cubs, two free spout lids, a free 30-recipe inspiration guide and a free quick-start guide instruction book.
- Some people find this blender to be too loud.
3 – COSORI Smoothie Blender: Great Value For Money
This high-speed COSORI Smoothie Blender is available for a very affordable price and is perfect for making those healthy fitness smoothies. Having six SUS blending blades as well as an automatic blending system and running on 800-watts of power helps this machine make tasty drinks with little effort.
The product is good at mixing up different types of fruit and vegetables to provide you with the vitamins and nutrients needed. Using this product is fairly simple thanks to an easy-to-use push-button system. There are buttons for start/stop, automatic and pulse.
This personal unit will never overheat thanks to having an automatic overheat protection system. This helps to produce drinks full of goodness and also protects the lifespan of your blender.
Made from fully tested and UL certified materials, this blender is free of any non-toxic BPA free elements.
Cleaning this unit is made easier thanks to the removable blade and all accessories being dishwasher-friendly. There is also a cleaning brush that helps if needed. In addition to this, you will also receive a storage lid, travel lid, blade attachment, a user manual, a recipe book, 24oz container and two 32oz containers.
- Available at a very affordable price.
- Has an automatic blending system.
- Has an automatic overheat protection system.
- Comes with a 2-year warranty.
- Comes with loads of free extras.
- Some people have reported that the drinking lid is too small to drink thick smoothies from.
4 – HOMEASY Personal Blender: Ideal For Daily Use
If you are looking a cheap smoothie mixer that does the basics then you need to check out this HOMEASY Personal Blender. This smoothie maker runs on a 300-watt motor and has four heavy-duty stainless steel angled blades which help it produce good drinks.
The machine has the added advantage of having an overheat protection system that ensures that you will never spoil your drink. The overheat system also protects the lifespan of your blender.
You can make fruit and vegetable juices, milkshakes and smoothies and then transfer it to your plastic sports bottle to take with you to the gym. The dishwasher-friendly sports bottle has a built-in easy grip as well as a snap-on travel lid.
This machine is really simple to operate thanks to the push-button system and it also comes with safe detachable blades that can be cleaned easily. When cleaning this product just add hot water as long it does not exceed 104F.
The blender has passed all the safety certification tests and comes with two BFA-free Tritan blender travel bottles. One bottle is 14oz and the other is 21oz and they fit into most car cup holders and are very sturdy.
If you decide to purchase this product you will be pleased to know that it comes with a 2-year warranty.
- Easy to use.
- Comes with a dishwasher-friendly sports bottle that has a built-in easy grip as well as a snap-on travel lid.
- Comes with a 2-year warranty.
- Comes with two BFA-free Tritan blender travel bottles.
- It also comes with safe detachable blades.
- Only the sports bottles are dishwasher-friendly. Not the blender itself.
- You need to add milk or water to the unit because it does not extract juice.
5 – Aicok 300W Single Serve: The Cheapest Option
This Aicok 300W Single Serve model is definitely not the best machines on this list but it is one of the cheapest. If you want to quickly blend a smoothie to drink in the office or at the gym then this portable product does the job.
It is only designed to serve one person but has a 300-watt motor and a 21oz large detachable blender bottle. Another added bonus is that the sealed blades can easily pop the bottle off the base.
This mini blender is quiet when in operation and safer to us that most comparable blenders with built-in rechargeable batteries. This model will also have a far longer lifespan than the rechargeable models.
It also comes with a drop-resistant high-quality Tritan travel cup that is temperature resistant from -68F to 228F. This product has also past all the relevant safety certified checks. This product also comes with a 3-year warranty for your peace of mind.
- Comes with a 3-year warranty.
- Very cheaply priced.
- Very portable.
- Comes with a drop-resistant high-quality Tritan travel cup that is temperature resistant from -68F to 228F.
- Easy to use.
- People have said this blender lacks power.
6 – Nutri Ninja Pro: The Most Stylish Option
This Nutri Ninja Pro is one of the blenders for smoothies on this list that is rated as middle range in terms of price and performance. This model is able to extract vitamins and nutrients from vegetables and fruits fairly well to provide you with a healthy drink.
The extractor blades on this machine together with 900-watt power are able to break whole seeds, ice, fruit and vegetables fairly easily.
This product is well built to a fairly high-spec that means your smoothies will be tasty and evenly spread. You can also make a wide range of different drinks with the help of the free 75 recipe guide that comes with this blender.
If you decide to purchase this product then you will also receive a small 18oz Nutri Ninja cup and a regular 24oz Nutri Ninja cup. Both cups come with a sip and seal lids which enable you to take your drink with you to work, the gym or just about anywhere really.
You will be glad to know that the cups and all parts of this machine are BFA-free and dishwasher-friendly. The downside to this blender is that people have reported that it is very, very noisy and does not offer overall value for money.
- BFA-free and dishwasher-friendly.
- You receive a free 75 recipe guide.
- You get two free cups.
- Is able to extract vitamins and nutrients from whole vegetables and fruits fairly well to provide you with a healthy drink.
- The product does not offer value for money.
- The blender is very, very noisy.
7 – Ninja With Nutri Ninja Cups: Excellent Speed And Capacity
This Ninja pro-blender for smoothies is a pretty powerful unit as it runs on 1100-watts and comes with two Nutri Ninja cups. Ideal for making a healthy drink this model also has 3 different speeds, a single-serve function and pulse function.
In addition to this, it also has an extra-large 72oz pitcher for total ice crushing in a matter of seconds to help you create the best smoothies. Like with most of the smoothie makers on this list free cups included. With this model, you get two 16oz Nutri Ninja cups which come with to-go lids. This allows you to take your drink with you to work or the gym.
Using this machine is fairly easy and when you want to remove the cup from the unit you simply hold the cup and gently twist the blade assembly counter-clockwise to remove the cup.
Another advantage of this product is that all the parts are BPA-free and dishwasher-friendly.
The one major downside to this machine is that people have reported that it is a lot louder when in operation than they expected.
- Comes with an extra large 72oz pitcher for total ice crushing.
- All the parts are BPA-free and dishwasher-friendly.
- Also has 3 different speeds, a single-serve function and pulse function.
- Comes with two 16oz Nutri Ninja cups which come with to-go lids.
- This machine is a lot louder than expected.
8 – Smeg 50’s Retro Style: Looks And Works Great
Step back in time with this Smeg 50’s Retro Style model but still enjoy all same functions of modern smoothie makers on the market. Sometimes you pay for style over substance and you certainly get that feeling with this small Smeg blender.
It is made from a die-cast aluminum powder coated body that is built to not only look the part but also stand the test of time. It also has a chrome knob that is backlit.
This model is fairly easy to use thanks to having a fairly powerful motor which allows for smooth start functionality. It also benefits from having a system that protects the motor from overload. It has 4 different speed setting and 3 different pre-set programs so you can decide if you’re making a smoothie, crushing ice or you can use the pulse setting.
Cleaning this unit is made easier due to the stainless steel dual blades being detachable. There is also a safety lock for when you need to remove the blender jug to serve your tasty drinks.
If you decide to buy this retro 50s styled product, then you will also receive six 48oz cups. The cups are Tritan BTA-free as is the jug.
- There is also a safety lock for when you need to remove the blender jug.
- Looks the part with its stylish 50s retro design.
- It has 4 different speed setting and 3 different pre-set programs.
- The stainless steel dual blades are detachable to make cleaning easier.
- Will also receive six 48oz cups. The cups are Tritan BTA-free as is the jug.
- Very expensive and feels a bit of a gimmick
9 – Ninja Professional BL610: The Smallest Option
This stylish Ninja Professional model is capable of making a healthy smoothie drink thanks to working on 1000-watts of power. It is able to deliver good results thanks to being designed with total crushing blades which are ideal for blending, pureeing, controlled processing and even ice crushing.
This crushing technology allows the machine to deal with whole vegetables, fruit and even ice if needed. It must be noted that some people have found that it does not crush ice as well as you would expect.
This model also comes with an extra-large 72oz blender jar which allows you to make drinks for all the family at the same time. You will be glad to know that if you decide to purchase this Ninja professional blender all the parts are BPA-free and dishwasher-friendly.
While this machine is able to make nice smoothies, it is fair to say that there are better models available on this list.
- All the parts are BPA-free and dishwasher-friendly.
- Stylish looking model.
- Fairly powerful as it runs on 1000-watts of power.
- Is able to crash fruit and vegetable whole.
- Comes with an extra-large 72oz blender jar.
- Some people have reported that it does not crush ice that well.
10 – Hamilton Beach Single Serve: Cheap But Also Very Limited
The Hamilton Beach Single Serve model is the cheapest machine on this list by some distance. It’s also not the best product on this list by some distance. They often say you get what you pay for and this is certainly the case with is Hamilton unit.
People who have been seduced by the price have been left disappointed by the poor performance of the machine. The fact that this model only runs on 175-watts of power means that it is in the least powerful unit on this list.
Due to it lacking power people have also reported that it does not blend throughout and often only blends the bottom of the jar. While all of the negatives are a serious drawback to buying this product, some people will still be drawn to its fantastic price.
This machine will make basic fruit smoothies and is simple to use due to the one-touch function. It also has stainless steel blades and the sturdy base can be placed anywhere. The bright purple color could be a bonus or turn off depending on your taste, but there is no doubting that the 14oz blending jar is versatile.
It can be used as a travel cup thanks to having a drinking lid with spout and can also fit in most car drink holders. The jar is also BPA-free and dishwasher-friendly. This unit is compact and easy to store as it can be placed upside down with the cord wrapped around the base.
- The 14oz blending jar can also be used a travel cup as it has a drinking lid and spout.
- Fantastic price.
- Lightweight compact design.
- The jar is also BPA-free and dishwasher-friendly.
- Seriously lacks power.
- The blades do not circulate the liquid enough to blend thoroughly. This means that it will blend and the bottom of the jar but not throughout.
What Features You Need To Focus On
The capacity is pretty important when buying a smoothie blender as it gives a good indication of how many servings it will provide.
In this article, there are all models that provide different servings ranging from a small sized blending jar suitable for one serving. Then there are other models that have an extra-large blending jar that can cater for all the family in one go.
The power of the machine you buy is vital to the overall outcome of your smoothie. In this article, you will notice that the power is given in watts. The more watts the machine runs on the better tasty results it will deliver.
Some of the blenders written about in this article will come with different speed settings. Obviously, the more speed settings your product has the quicker it will perform.
The models with the different speed settings are normally the machines at the higher end of the market both in terms of price and overall performance.
Each machine will come with different program settings. Some will have a simple blend function button, while others will have built-in pre-programmed settings.
Some of the models featured in this article will have different settings which depend on what type of ingredient you are using. For example, some have an ice crushing setting.
As always, all the products that have been written about in this article differ in price and overall performance. It is up to use to use the information provided to help you make a more informed buying decision.
All the products featured in this article can be bought from the Amazon website.