The 10 Highest-Rated Accessories for Android Phones
If you’ve recently bought a Smartphone then you must be ready to personalize it to make it your own. And because Smartphone accessories come in such an abundance it can sometimes be slightly overwhelming to choose a product that is just right. This is the reason why we’ve put together a list of some of the best Smartphone’s accessories that are sure to invoke your interests.
| #1 - Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband || For The Fitness Geeks||5.0 stars out of 5|
| #2 - SoundPEATS Qy7 Wireless Sports/Running Bluetooth Earbuds || For Music Lovers||4.5 stars out of 5|
| #3 - SolPro Helios 4500mAh Tri-Fold Solar Charging Power Bank: For People Constantly On The Go || For People Constantly On The Go||4.0 stars out of 5|
Table of Contents
- The 10 Highest-Rated Accessories for Android Phones
- 1. Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband: For The Fitness Geeks
- 2. SoundPEATS Qy7 Wireless Sports/Running Bluetooth Earbuds: For Music Lovers
- 3. SolPro Helios 4500mAh Tri-Fold Solar Charging Power Bank: For People Constantly On The Go
- 4. Olloclip 4-In-1 Lens for Samsung Galaxy S5: For Even Better Photos
- 5. WoodPuck Bamboo Edition Qi Wireless Charger Pad: The Coolest Charger You’ll Find
- 6. VicTsing Mini Bluetooth Headset: The Smallest Headphones
- 7. Omaker M4 Portable Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker with 12 Hour Playtime: For Great Sound Quality On The Go
- 8. Wilson Electronics AG Pro 70 Indoor Cellular Signal Booster Kit: To Get Better Coverage
- 9. Tile: To Help Stop Losing Your Stuff
- 10. iClever IC-F40 In-Car Universal Wireless FM Transmitter with USB Car Charger: Ideal If Your Car Doesn’t Have Bluetooth
- Tips On How To Choose Accessories For Android
- Best Android Accessories On The Market
- Audio Accessories:
- 1 – Headphones.
- 2 – Portable Speaker.
- Productivity Accessories
- 1 – Bluetooth Keyboard
- 2 – Portable Charger
- Camera Accessories For Android Phones
- 1 – Camera Lenses
- 2 – Tripod Stand
- 3 – Selfie Stick
- Health and Fitness Accessories
- 1 – Arm Carrying Case
- 2 – Fitness Band
- 3 – Waterproof Case
These pieces of technology are one of the best ways to track and regulate your day’s activity. If you have any health issue, this band is perfect for you as it offers you the option of keeping a constant track of your heartbeat. If you are a jogger, this will tell how many miles or for how long you have been jogging.
Moreover, it measures distance, so it will be able to tell how far you have travelled whether you are on foot or on car. It also has the added feature of working as an alarm clock. On top of all, it also offers a sync feature, sending wake up calls or other notifications to your Smartphone.
This makes it an all-round great accessory for anyone into fitness. And you don’t even have to break the bank to get a good device.
The Center for Disease Control recommends that you should take 10,000 steps a day for a healthy heart. The Fitbit does exactly that. It tracks movement to make sure you stay active throughout the day.
The Fitbit also has other features that will help you monitor your health. You can keep an eye on your heartbeat and learn how many miles you walked per day. It also has an alarm clock and a sync feature which will allow you to receive notifications from your smartphone.
- Monitors heart rate, distance walked/ ran, total calories burned, number of floors climbed, and total steps taken.
- Tracks quality of sleep.
- Records and tracks workout performance.
- Synchronizes statistics automatically to your PC and smartphones through wireless channels.
- Includes Caller ID feature and time of day on display.
- Durability issues; users report Fitbit falling apart after only 6 months of use.
- Data on heart rate may not be accurate.
- Data is on display only briefly and is not automatic. You have to tap a button to see the data once again. Inconvenient for those who want to keep track of data while in constant motion.
This pair of headphones is perfect for the people who break a sweat regularly, as it gives you the ease of just listening to your music and focusing on your tasks without the hindrance of really long headphone wires.
If you hit the gym or go running every day, then having these headphones would be a much-needed luxury as they are easier to manage, have a Bluetooth feature that allows you to connect to your music player. The battery life of these sports Ear buds is also great, having the run time of about six hours. Along with all that, they are sweat proof, so you simply cannot damage them with regular work out.
If you like to run or engage in other forms of vigorous physical activity, this set of headphones is right for you. Sometimes those headphone wires can really get in your face especially the long ones.
Soundpeats qy7 uses Bluetooth technology to give you a truly wireless experience. Focus on each stride, every rep, or every move instead of moving the wires out of your face.
Soundpeats qy7 has a good battery life. A single charge will give you 6 hours of use. It is sweat-proof. Nothing to worry about when you decide to up the intensity of your workouts!
- Uses noise-cancelling earbuds with S/M/L ear tips and two types of ear hooks to give you a comfortable and snug fit even while working out.
- Provides up to 6 hours of talk/music time.
- Gives you up to 145 hours of standby time with only a 1-2 hours charging time.
- Made of lightweight material; unit weighs only 0.64 ounces.
- Rated IPX Level 4 and can handle sweat.
- Can support 2 connected devices and will connect automatically after initial successful pairing.
- Top quality sound; HD Stereo with CVC Version 6.0 noise cancellation technology.
- Excellent customer service.
- Does not stay in while jogging or when performing other vigorous activities.
- Poor sound quality.
- Short battery life.
- Cord is too long and gets in the way of certain activities.
Power banks are undoubtedly one of the handiest devices to have and keep with you at all times. The best feature of these amazing accessories is that they are solar powered. This means that these power banks can cater to the needs of people who love spending time outdoors, as they can easily charge them.
This charging power bank comes with a USB charging cable as well as two ports so that you can attach more than one device at a time to be charged at once. If you are planning some camping trips then this is a must buy device. What more can two travelling people want more in an accessory!
If you travel a lot, the last thing you would want is for your mobile phone to run out of power. You could be in the outskirts with no charger outlet in sight! This is why power banks are a must for those who live the mobile lifestyle.
SolPro Helios takes the power bank to the next level by creating one that is powered by the sun! You no longer have to fear that your power bank will go down. All you have to do is recharge them in the great outdoors.
To make your mobile lifestyle much easier, the SolPro Helios has included a USB cable plus 2 ports for you to charge another device.
- When in direct contact with sunlight, the Helios will charge in 5 hours.
- Unit is packaged with a Micro USB charging cable.
- Helios is engineered to recognize headsets, fitness trackers, and a variety of wearable to give them maximum charge.
- Battery is high quality Lithium-Polymer and has safety circuitry.
- With its dual USB ports, you can charge 2 devices at one time.
- Does not charge to maximum capacity even when under the sun for more than 5 hours.
- Does not charge phones to full capacity.
The olloclip is specially designed for those with a love of photography, who desperately want to make sure that all the pictures they capture meet their expectations. It can easily be clipped on a Samsung Galaxy S5 and later model.
This Olloclip offers 4 in 1 versatile lens feature that includes Wide-Angle, Fisheye, a 15x and also a 10x Macro lens. Make your experience of photography more professional with this amazing easy to carry Samsung Galaxy lens.
With today’s smartphones, everyone wants to become a photographer! The Olloclip will help you capture the best smartphone pictures. Have your choice of 4 types of lenses: Fisheye, 10x Macro, 15x, and Wide-Angle.
You can use this for your Samsung Galaxy s5 and other higher models. Get ready to take great-looking images and get more engagements on social media!
- Your choice of 4 versatile lens options which include Fisheye, Wide-Angle, 10x Macro, and 15x Macro.
- Made with advanced coated glass and multi-element optics.
- Patented design makes it easy to clip on and off.
- Compatible with a variety of popular photo and video apps.
- Stock and Google cameras of the unit have problems focusing.
- Blurry vision with the 15x Lens.
Especially distinguishable from other wireless charging pads, the wood puck Bamboo Qi wireless charging pad, is popular for its unique style and bamboo wood finish. Wireless charging pads are much more advanced than regular chargers, offering more convenience as well as discretion. You don’t have to go looking for a socket to plug your charger in when you have one of these.
And the design is really cool so it does not cause style issues.
Function and fashion in one product. The Wood Puck Bamboo Qi is a wireless charging pad with a stylish wood bamboo finish. Not only will it be a conversation piece but it will actually give you a better and faster charge than the regular charger! Looks good, performs well, and easy to bring around wherever you go.
- Unique and distinctive design; has the look and feel of natural bamboo, definitely a conversation piece.
- Stealth design; hides micro USB socket and plug.
- Durable design, built-in wireless charging capacity.
- Includes a Poor Sync Detection feature which identifies any type of placement that will result in inefficient charging.
- Compatible with a variety of devices, brands, and models.
- Users report the unit stopped wireless charging only after 2 weeks.
- Does not charge continually.
- Charges phones at a very slow rate.
- Constant beeping sound for notifications can be annoying.
Offering a completely new range of functions, this mini headphone set allows better convenience than all the rest. Its inner lining gives more comfort as well as more noise reduction. It gives you the option of connecting with your Smartphone or music player though Bluetooth.
It is more popular with people, whose careers require regular and continuous phone calls, as it enables you to receive your calls when you are on the road or inside your car. You can also listen to your favorite music whenever you want with ease.
Make driving a much more pleasant and convenient experience with the VicTsing Bluetooth FM Transmitter. It’s a do-it-all device that you simply must have in your car.
Listen to your favourite radio broadcast. If a phone call comes in, there is no need to let go of the wheel. You will easily know who is calling as the unit has a large screen that gives a very clear display.
- Large screen; at 1.8”, this is designed to give you a brighter and clearer display.
- Gives voice report through the car radio and will show you the incoming phone number; safe for hands-free driving.
- Easy to power off and save additional usage of your car battery.
- Provides great sound quality; has 5 EQ modes such as normal, rock, pop, jazz, and classical.
- Allows you to stream music in 4 ways: Bluetooth, U Disk, Aux Input, and TF Card.
- Users report experiencing technical problems such as static, the unit resetting itself, and completely shutting off after only a few weeks.
- Location of the EQ is inconvenient as it is hardly accessible.
7. Omaker M4 Portable Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker with 12 Hour Playtime: For Great Sound Quality On The Go
This amazing speaker is waterproof and is perfect for those who like to keep listening to their favorite music while resting by the swimming pool or at the beach. Although, it cannot be submerged in water, it can withstand being splashed with water. It will charge in less than three hours through the micro USB cable that comes along with it and allows you to play music for almost twelve hours.
Get a sun tan near the poolside while listening to your favourite tunes. The Omaker M4 Portable Bluetooth is waterproof and perfectly safe to use when there are people splashing about. However, you cannot dive with this unit! It cannot be submerged under water!
The Omaker will fully charge in 3 hours. If you think that is too long, you’ll get your money’s worth by getting 12 hours of music play time.
- Latest Bluetooth version 4.2; listen to music anywhere and certified by CE, FCC, and ROHS.
- Omaker will work even when taking a shower; it is waterproof and can be immersed in 3 feet of water.
- 30% more powerful than most brands; get loud volume, top quality bass and great audio volume.
- Compatible with the latest Bluetooth devices; you can connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod, Mac, and other brands of smartphones and tablets.
- Unit has an AUX-In jack which you can use as an external speaker for your TV or smartphone.
- Lightweight and compact design for easy carrying.
- High capacity battery has a playback time of 6 hours.
- Covered by a 100% money back guarantee.
- Users report technical issues after 2 months of use.
- Poor quality audio; speakers have “crackling” sound.
- Unit will develop rust if used frequently in the shower.
- May have problem with signal strength at 40feet.
One of the many woes in owning any high-tech accessory is when you cannot find any signals; this may be particularly troubling if you reside in a location where there is a constant issue of poor signals, and you are not able to use your Smartphone to its potential.
It is a smart choice to get The Wilson Electronics AG Pro 70 signal booster when faced with such an issue. It enhances your signal to and from the cell tower, making it a must have device. If you travel a lot or live somewhere with a poor signal ,then this is the best device.
If you live or work in a building with a lot of rooms and walls, this is one of the best signal boosters your money can buy. The zBoost can cover a large area of up to 2,500 square feet.
Your family or office mates can likewise benefit from the zBoost. It can give you fast and clear transmissions even if there are multiple devices connected to it.
- Wide signal coverage; up to 2,500 square feet and up to 70 Db system gain.
- Perfect choice for homes and buildings that have a good outside connection.
- Reduces the number of dropped and missed calls.
- Provides fast 4G Data Performance for multiple users.
- Compatible with mobile devices operating on Verizon 4G Lte. Cell (800Mhz) and PCs (1900MHz).
- Helps extend battery life of your phone.
- Many users report device will not function properly within one year of use.
- Some users claim unit works better on AT&T devices than those connected with Verizon.
- Weak signal; some users report only getting 2 signal bars.
Tile is a device made for those frustrating moments when you cannot find things like your wallet, car keys or the remote control. Tile can be attached to any item that you think is hard to find for you, then by using your Smartphone you can track that item no matter where it is. This cute tracker is a useful accessory for your Smartphone and can be easily accessed through an app on the phone.
Are you the type who tends to misplace keys and your smartphone? Worry no longer with Tile!
Tile will help you locate frequently lost things including your wallet. All you have to do is attach Tile to any item. From there, simply use your smartphone to find it.
Tile is functional and looks stylish. Your friends will definitely ask you about it!
- Compact Bluetooth tracker that is small enough to loop onto a keychain.
- You won’t lose it. If you can’t find your Tile, use your smartphone to make it ring.
- Tile can track the whereabouts of your phone. Just double press the Tile button to make your phone ring. It will work even when your phone is on silent mode.
- Does not require charging.
- Battery life will last for one year.
- Tile may have durability issues; users report their units stopped working after 2-3 months.
- Battery life shorter than what the manufacturer claimed; 3 months.
- Tile users report technical problems such as falsely notifying them objects had been moved.
10. iClever IC-F40 In-Car Universal Wireless FM Transmitter with USB Car Charger: Ideal If Your Car Doesn’t Have Bluetooth
This is a multi-functional car charger that you can use for not only charging your phone but also for listening to songs and connecting to radio stations. It is convenient for traveling purposes, allowing you to access all these features easily. It comes with a USB connecting cable that allows you to charge your phone while you are driving. It is also especially helpful by being able to transmit phone calls, which means that you can receive calls with ease, hands free.
Charge your phone and listen to your favourite road sounds without having to let go of the wheel. The iClever Himbox is the perfect travel companion. It is light and compact which makes it easy to carry around.
Incoming phone call? Nothing to worry and keep your eyes on the road! The iClever will allow you to receive calls while your device is charging.
- Gives high quality stereo sound and charges your device at the same time.
- Includes an auto- scan function that can find an empty station which can be used to connect to a device and send audio.
- Small, compact design; lightweight enough to be the perfect travel device.
- Excellent customer service; trusted to respond within 24 hours.
- Covered by a 30-day money back guarantee, 12-month replacement warranty, and lifetime support guarantee.
- Does not have enough power to clearly transmit audio signal.
- Does not have the capacity to fully charge cell phones.
- Volume capacity is not enough; audio comes out weak.
Tips On How To Choose Accessories For Android
Android is an operating system that powers a lot of phones on the market. In fact, Android is the most prominent operating system found in phones on the market. It is based on an open sourced platform thus making it much more accessible for gadets than a closed and proprietary system like Apple’s iOS.
Because of this open sourced nature, it is available on a variety of manufacturers phones including but not limited to Sony, Samsung, Nokia, HTC, Motorola, and more. Therefore, there are a wide variety of accessories available on the market.
In fact, each manufacturer has their own unique subset of accessories that go along with it. Also, because there is no specific standard with Android, you might find some accessories are not compatible with different manufacturers. Below, we will be going over some of the most unique Android accessories on the market.
Best Android Accessories On The Market
1 – Headphones.
One must have accessory that you are likely going to want to invest in when you have an Android smartphone is a good pair of headphones. Whether you have a phone that takes advantage of proprietary technology like aptX or one that has its own internal DAC, you will want to purchase headphones that bring out the best in your smartphone.
Therefore, you will want to see what kind of technology your smartphone has and try to find a good pair of headphones to properly mesh with it. A lot of people are going to want to make the switch to Bluetooth headphones nowadays given various manufacturers getting rid of the standard headphone jack.
It is quickly becoming a standard to not have access to a headphone jack on a phone. And it is likely something that you will want to invest in as soon as possible. There are a variety of types and styles of different Bluetooth headphones available on the market for Android smartphones.
Therefore, you will simply want to sort through your options and pick and choose which one you might want to invest in. It is likely going to depend on what kind of smartphone you have, what kind of technology it utilizes. And what style of headphone you want, whether it be earbud, closed, or open. The above list has some great options for you to choose from.
2 – Portable Speaker.
Another top accessory that you are likely going to want to check out would be a portable speaker. A portable speaker is one of the best accessories for Android phone users. This is especially true if you have one of the many Android phones that has waterproofing.
Because a lot of the phones on the market are waterproof to some degree, you can actually take them with you to the beach and/or even in your shower without having to worry about them getting wet and ruined. This means you will be able to use your phone in more places than ever before. If you invest in a portable speaker with the same waterproofing feature, you will be able to take them both with you wherever you go.
1 – Bluetooth Keyboard
Another major thing that you might want to invest in when it comes to owning an Android smartphone would likely be a Bluetooth keyboard that you can take with you wherever you go. For this reason, there are a lot of portable options on the market that you can choose from.
If you tend to write more than just quick messages and tweets you will get more done with a keyboard. It might look strange to sit in front of a phone with a keyboard, but you won’t believe how much stuff you’ll get done.
2 – Portable Charger
Another top accessory that you will want to look at and consider purchasing would be a portable charger. While you are not going to find any specifically made for Android phones, you will be able to find some that uniquely take advantage of some of the top proprietary charging technology only available in phones that are manufactured by companies that power their phones using Android.
Because these manufactures have all kinds of different technology that allows for faster charging, you should be able to get a portable charger that not only has the kind of technology to take advantage of it. And that is capable of providing faster charges. But you will also be able to find the chargers that utilize the same kind of input connector that you are used to using on your phones whether it be micro USB or USB-C.
Having a portable power block is handy if you are out and about for most of the day. You can completely avoid running out of power with a pretty inexpensive investment.
Camera Accessories For Android Phones
1 – Camera Lenses
If you own an Android smartphone, you are likely going to be interested in various ways to improve your camera set up. Android phones are known for having some of the best featured cameras on the market. A lot of them feature Sony lens technology.
Therefore, you are already getting excellent quality. However, there are ways to improve it even further. For instance, you can add a 3 in 1 camera lens kit which can provide all kinds of different angles and different ways to take shots including fish lenses. This is great for someone that is really into photography. And someone that wants to try to use their cameras in ways they might not have tried to use them before.
A lot of the compatibility is going to depend on what kind of smartphone you are working with. Therefore, you will want to be sure that your device and the camera accessories you end up purchasing are actually fully compatible prior to making your purchase. Always check the product description first.
2 – Tripod Stand
Another excellent camera accessory that you will likely want to purchase for your Android smartphone would have to be a tripod stand. Getting one of these stands is going to be critical if you want to get the best possible photos with your camera.
While a lot of Android cameras come fully equipped with OIS which is optical image stabilization either built into the hardware or the software, it is still going to cause problems and blur when you try to take pictures while your hand is shaking. Thus, you will want to try to utilize one of these stands whenever possible. By using this kind of stand, it is going to allow you to really be able to get the best possible photos without having to worry about capturing too much blur.
3 – Selfie Stick
One of the best accessories that is going to provide a lot of usability and versatility on any of your Android devices would be a selfie stick. A selfie stick is one of the top accessories available on the market. Because it allows you the ability to capture the perfect shots and moments that you otherwise wouldn’t be able to capture by yourself.
If you are someone that is tired of straining your arms or having to ask others to take pictures of you and your family or friends, you are going to want to invest in a selfie stick. The good thing about selfie sticks for Android is the ability to find one that fits just about any phone that you can think of. You should be able to find one that fits your phone and that you can use across all of your devices.
Health and Fitness Accessories
1 – Arm Carrying Case
One of the top accessories that you can get for health and fitness would have to be an arm carrying case. While it might seem incredibly simple, it is something that can really make a difference in your workouts.
Whether you are simply running or lifting weights, by having your phone on your arm. You are going to be able to listen to music or podcasts through wired headphones or Bluetooth headphones comfortably. Instead of having to wear pants with pockets, you will be able to run and workout without getting obstructed by a phone bouncing in your pocket all of the time.
2 – Fitness Band
While this is not necessarily going to be considered an accessory for your phone as such. It is something that can be an integral accessory to your daily life that can be effectively paired with your smartphone to provide all kinds of benefits. Not only will you be able to accurately track your caloric burn throughout the day, your pulse, and a variety of other metrics and data.
But you are going to be able to do so by simply wearing a band on your wrist. This is huge for just about anyone that is into fitness or health. Also, it can even help to track your sleep patterns. This can be great for anyone that is looking to diagnose problems they might be dealing with such as fatigue or disturbed sleep.
3 – Waterproof Case
If you are someone that enjoys going swimming and you do not have a fully waterproof smartphone, you are likely going to want to buy some kind of waterproof case. By investing in this kind of gadget, you should be able to go on about your fitness routine. Whether it’s swimming or going to the beach and workout as you normally would without having to worry about your phone getting wet.
These waterproof cases have gotten to the point where they are very effective. Therefore, it can really minimize the amount of worry that you might have to deal with if you are planning on taking your smartphone anywhere near water. Because they are simple generic bags typically, you are likely going to be able to use them interchangeably. This helps if you are someone that invests in a new smartphone every year or every two years.
Overall, there are a lot of different accessories that you are going to be able to choose from. When you invest in an Android smartphone, you are going to benefit from having a lot more choice. More so than you would if you were to go with a more closed ecosystem with only one manufacturer.
After all, you are going to be able to choose from a lot of different phones from various manufacturers with different selling points and priorities. Thus, you should not only be able to find the perfect smartphone that meets your specific needs. But you should be able to find the accessories that compliment your smartphone perfectly as well.
This is going to allow you to really get the most out of your smartphone and maximize your use case scenarios with them. Whether you are looking to enhance your audio, video, photography, or another experience with your phone. You can find an accessory that is capable of doing just that.
Our list above is by far not everything available. But it does give you some great options to make the most out of your Android device.