New parents, you may be looking for the best that can be found in the world for your baby. From bottles to clothing, pacifiers, diapers, and the best baby cribs, the list of things you need for your infant are endless. With so much to do and so much to buy, you may feel overwhelmed with everything.
With every product that you look into, there are the thoughts that accompany the purchase. When it comes to where your baby will sleep, you may wonder:
- Is it made from safe materials?
- Is the mattress comfortable enough for my baby?
- Is it stable enough?
- Will they sleep well here?
- Are there any risks present in this crib?
- Is the paint top-quality?
- Is it cute enough for your baby’s room?
- Do I like this style?
When it comes to making the decision on your baby’s bed, you realize that it’s one of the biggest ones to make in your child’s first year of life. You want them to sleep well and safely. To help make it easier for you in this phase of life, the following cribs offer the quality and affordability that you may be looking for. Each one has top features and offer safe use and we are confident you will find the best crib for your baby.
Table of Contents
- Our Top Ten Best Baby Crib Recommendations
- 1 – DaVinci Jayden 4-in-1 Chestnut
- 2 – Delta Children Bentley S Series
- 3 – Graco Freeport Convertible
- 4 – Dream On Me 2-in-1 Portable Folding
- 5 – DaVinci Jenny Lind Stationary
- 6 – Union 3-in-1 Convertible
- 7 – Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1
- 8 – Stork Craft Hampton Fixed Side
- 9 – Delta Children Emery Affordable 4-in-1
- 10 – Babyletto Lolly 3-in-1 Convertible Crib
- What Features You Need To Focus On
Our Top Ten Best Baby Crib Recommendations
1 – DaVinci Jayden 4-in-1 Chestnut
This chestnut crib is as pretty as can be with a beautiful arch and a smooth look. Fortunately, the DaVinci’s positive features go beyond its appearance. With a non-toxic finish, a GREENGUARD Gold certification, and ASTM/CPSC standards, you can trust the safety of this adorable baby bed.
Of course, your infant won’t stay teeny-tiny throughout its first year. The 4-in-1 functionality of this crib makes it a highly convenient buy.
As a solid wood bed, you can trust that it will be stable and sturdy enough for your toddler. This also helps to keep them safe from accidents while rough-housing in their bed (it happens).
For parents of children who like to keep it lively, you won’t regret adding this crib to your nursery. From its looks to its functionality and affordability, it is one of the best and safest baby cribs you can find.
- It’s a strong and sturdy baby bed allowing your baby to grow
- It has a beautiful design
- It is safe for infants giving peace of mind
- The instructions are difficult to understand
- It’s challenging to assemble
2 – Delta Children Bentley S Series
Bold and beautiful, this Delta crib is a good-looking crib that offers both unique style and great functionality. As a 4-in-1 crib, you can use it from your child’s birth up until their 3rd year (depending on height). If you want to avoid more expenses than necessary, this is a great option for saving some money.
With three different height positions, you can ensure your infant’s safety at any age. It is JPMA certified and also passes CPSC and ASTM safety standards. You can rest assured that it’s toxin-free. Made from cherry, it has a high-end look that will look great in your nursery and stay chip-free for years.
- It’s a beautiful option for modern homes
- It offers years of use as your baby grows
- It’s safe for infants giving peace of mind
- It is highly affordable for lower budgets
- It’s hard to find a mattress that fits
- It has a couple of design flaws that affect assembly
3 – Graco Freeport Convertible
For its beautiful appearance, one would expect this Graco crib to be much pricier than it is. Yet its good looks and quality are offered at an affordable price. If you are looking for a sturdy option that can provide both beauty and functionality in your infant’s room, this might be it. As a Graco product, you can trust that it’s a reliable option.
It can convert to a toddler bed when your child is older. You can also use it as a daybed or “big-kid” bed as your child grows. If you want to get the most out of your purchase, this Graco Freeport product fully delivers. If you are concerned about safety, you’ll be pleased to know that it meets ASTM, CPSC, and JPMA standards. It also comes with a 1-year warranty.
- It offers long-lasting use
- It’s a pretty crib from a design perspective
- It has a good warranty support
- It meets safety standards for peace of mind
- The assembly instructions are difficult to understand
- It may arrive damaged from shipping
4 – Dream On Me 2-in-1 Portable Folding
You may have your main crib, but you want one that you can use for certain occasions. Or you simply want the best portable crib for easy use. You can fold it for travel or move it around your home with its wheels. It also has a stationary rail so you don’t need to worry about accidents when your infant is older. It can also be used as a play bed once your infant is old enough to sit up.
While it does come with a mattress, it’s a rather thin one that you may eventually want to replace. It is narrower than most cribs which may be convenient if you have a small nursery. Its birch wood gives it a pretty and natural look and will look great in many nursery set-ups.
- It’s great for travel away from home
- It’s a beautiful crib that will fit in with any style home
- It is easy to set up in a few minutes
- It only has two adjustable positions
- It’s not as sturdy as a regular crib
5 – DaVinci Jenny Lind Stationary
If you want the best portable crib on the market, this could be it. The DaVinci has a fitting name. Its smooth solid color pairs nicely with the intricate woodwork design on the crib making it look like a work of art.
As a parent who may have more than one child, there are times when you may want to move the baby’s crib for various activities. This crib has wheels on the bottom for easy transport while still offering top stability for reliable use.
It has four different positions that can be adjusted as your infant grows. If you want a crib that can last through your infant’s first year of life, this is a fantastic option. The DaVinci is GREENGUARD Gold Certified which means that it’s a safe option for your infant. Made from cherry wood, it’s a quality crib that looks and feels good.
- It’s made from safe materials
- This crib looks good in any nursery
- It can be used throughout baby’s first year
- It can be difficult to find a mattress that fits it perfectly
- It may be too lightweight for rambunctious older infants
6 – Union 3-in-1 Convertible
If you are interested in the best convertible cribs, this is one of them. While its looks aren’t as fancy as others on our list, it’s functionality is great. As a 3-in-1 crib, you can use it for newborns, change it for toddlers, and eventually set it up as a day bed. It also has four adjustable levels for convenience as your infant grows.
As a crib that is made with pine wood, it has a smooth feel and you can trust its quality. Best of all, it has a non-toxic and phthalate/lead-free finish. To help you rest easy concerning safety, it passes both ASTM and CPSC safety standards.
If you are looking for a reliable crib at a low price, the Union crib may be the best affordable crib for you. For the parents who are looking for simplicity and affordability, this is the perfect pick.
- It’s an affordable option for tighter budgets
- It offers versatility through different ages
- It’s simple to set up with just a few tools
- It may not last through more than one child
- It may feel too low for taller parents
7 – Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1
Sleek, sharp, and sturdy, this beautiful crib will look good in any nursery. As a 3-in-1 option, you can use this bed for months to come. As a parent who is already stocking up a plethora of items, this is a huge benefit. You can use it well into their first toddler year and even set it up as a day bed or “sofa” for when they get a bit older.
It’s made out of pine wood which not only means that it’s sturdy but that it looks great. If you’re worried about the strength of your crib, especially if you want to use it for a toddler, it can hold up to 135 lbs.
While it promises stability, you would be surprised at how lightweight it is, making it easy to move around. Because of its low height, it makes it easy to reach your infant, especially for quick feeding times.
- It’s easy to set-up with the help of someone
- You can use it for different ages
- It has a convenient height
- It’s an attractive crib
- It doesn’t have much space to store items below
- Interior width makes it difficult to find suitable mattress
8 – Stork Craft Hampton Fixed Side
Simple yet sweet, this lightweight crib is functional and safe for your baby. While it’s large enough for newborns and older babies, it is small enough to fit in small areas for easy placement. Its solid white color helps it to blend in easily with any room décor and the arches on each end of the crib add style.
It is JPMA certified and is made from wood materials that are toxin-free. Its solid build helps to ensure stability so that baby can sleep in it for months to come. With its three different, adjustable positions, you can use it throughout the baby’s various stages of growth. With included instructions, this crib is very easy to assemble.
- It’s simple to put together, but you might need a second person
- It has a convenient size for smaller spaces
- This crib is an attractive option
- There is no mattress included
- It arrives with a strange smell that goes away once aired
9 – Delta Children Emery Affordable 4-in-1
With safety on your mind, the Delta Children Emery option has been tested for toxins and is deemed safe by ASTM standards. This is a big deal for you as you want to keep baby safe from harmful chemicals and substance.
If you like options that provide variety, this 4-in-1 crib is exactly what you want. It can be used for newborn and toddler use, as a small sofa for toddlers, or as a bed for preschoolers. While many cribs offer singular use, this one allows for long-lasting benefits.
As a solid white color, it’s easy to match it with your décor and you don’t have to worry about knowing gender or nursery themes before purchase. To add to its attractive aesthetics, the curved top is high enough to be safe yet adds class to this infant bed. As a product from one of the best baby crib brands, it offers the quality you want.
- It’s easy to assemble with simple DIY tools
- It is affordable for lower budgets
- It’s convenient for different ages
- It is aesthetically pleasing
- It may have a strange smell at first
- Individual pieces are not labelled clearly
10 – Babyletto Lolly 3-in-1 Convertible Crib
First of all, the Babyletto Lolly is a pretty crib with a white frame and wooden rails and legs. If you’re looking for an item that can match well with your nursery décor, this is a good option. Of course, you want something that promises safety for your little one.
This option has a lead and phthalate free finish which doesn’t give off toxins. It’s GREENGUARD Gold Certified. This is a big factor when looking for a crib as it means that it’s free of many different chemicals and VOCs.
For parents who want an option that can provide long-lasting use, you may appreciate that this one can turn into a toddler bed or a daybed. You can use it with the mattress placed higher up when your infant is a newborn for safe and convenient sleeping.
As your little one grows, you can conveniently change the height with the four adjustable positions. For those who like quality in their baby products, you’ll love the fact that it’s made out of pine wood.
- It passes al safety standards for peace of mind
- It’s a beautiful crib
- It can be used throughout your baby’s first year or two
- It’s quite easy to put together
- The included mattress isn’t a good fit
- It is somewhat expensive
What Features You Need To Focus On
You may have an idea of what you want from your infant’s bed. Yet there are many details that come together to make a crib a perfect one. Nearly more than any other infant product, a crib is one of the things that you need to pay the most attention to. It’s where they will spend many hours and also where they will spend a very sensitive time. In this case, it’s okay to do as much research as possible.
To help you in your quest for the perfect infant bed, we have compiled the following features that you will want to take time to consider while shopping.
There are so many things to consider when it comes to a crib’s safety. It would at first seem like the obvious, such as if it has railings, etc., but infant bed safety goes much further than this. The following factors are all a part of keeping baby safe in their crib:
- What certifications does the crib have? As with many baby products, you want to check for certifications or that it meets safety standards. While you could take the chance on one that doesn’t, you have no way of knowing if it is truly safe enough. Look for a JPMA certification. The JPMA can help you to know that it meets safety standards from the international standards developer ASTM. CPSC is a U.S. safety standard that can also help you to know if the bed has been tested for safety.
- Does it have intricate woodwork? Baby beds look beautiful with designs but you will want to be very careful when purchasing one. You will want to check that it is completely smooth—especially the areas near the baby. Your infant’s clothing can get stuck on protruding wood or anything else that may be sticking out.
- Check the infant bed’s stability. You want a sturdy bed that will not be at risk of tipping over or with slats that can’t support baby’s weight. It’s unfortunate, but some cribs that aren’t built right can be a safety hazard. Keep a close eye on sturdiness when reading baby crib reviews.
- Check how big the gaps are between rails. You want to make sure that the gaps in the crib aren’t big enough for baby’s joints to get stuck in.
- Make sure that the mattress fits perfectly. When looking for a crib, you want to find one that is easy to find a mattress for or that includes a quality one. Mattresses that don’t fit well or have spaces between the rails and bed can cause suffocation. Also, make sure that the bed isn’t too soft—this is also a hazard for an infant.
It’s important to pay attention to your height and the cribs height when looking for a crib. You want to be sure to be able to reach baby at a moment’s notice. Some cribs have high railings that make it challenging for shorter parents to reach baby. Another thing to consider is the height from the mattress to the top of the railing. As baby gets older, they may try to reach over and can fall if the height is too short.
This brings us to the next feature to pay attention to. You want to find an option that offers adjustability. Some cribs will offer one or two positions so that as baby gets older, you can place the mattress lower.
Along with being able to adjust the height of the mattress, you may want to consider functionality. If you only want to buy a crib for when your infant is a newborn, adjustability and functionality don’t need to matter so much. But, if you want to get the best bang for your buck, you should look into cribs that can turn into toddler beds, etc.
If you want a crib that you can take with you, consider a portable crib that can fold up. Just keep safety standards in mind with portable cribs as they can present more risks. If you want your home crib to be easy to transport within your home, look for one with wheels.
Some parents think that a lower priced crib means that you won’t get a good quality one. This isn’t necessarily true. Look into the materials used in the bed and its safety standards. Also, make sure to check stability. There are some great options for affordable prices that you don’t want to ignore. Better yet, look for a quality 4-in-1 crib that offers you plenty of use to get the most out of your money.
Some cribs can be very large for average-sized rooms, especially if you want to fit in several other pieces of furniture. If you don’t have much space, you can look into cribs that are narrower or smaller that will work well for your infant.
Buying a crib for your little one is a big decision. From safety factors to functionality, a lot goes into finding the right bed for your infant. The above 10 options in our Best Baby Crib review all offer great features and meet safety standards. Keep in mind that you will also want to take time to find the best baby crib sheets and bedding to ensure absolute safe sleep-time.