Finding the right power tools for your professional or amateur workshop can be quite a challenge. There are some many products to choose from and you can ever be 100% sure that they will suit you needs.
Amateurs and professionals also have completely different requirements and budgets. But there are a few things they all have in common. To help you through the maze of endless and confusing features we have put together this list of best table saw reviews.
Over months of research we were able to identify these 10 products. They contain choices for a hobby woodworker on a tight budget and a professional carpenter who wants the latest safety features. If you can’t find what you’re looking for on this list then it probably doesn’t exist. Keep reading and find out exactly what machine will work best for you.
Table of Contents
- Our Top Best Table Saw Recommendations
- 1 – DEWALT DW7440RS Rolling Saw
- 2 – Bosch GTS1031
- 3 – Powermatic PM1000
- 4 – SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 10″ Portable Worm Drive Table
- 5 – Grizzly G0690 Cabinet
- 6 – Craftsman Evolv
- 7 – Ridgid R4516 10 in. Portable
- 8 – Bosch 4100-09 Compact
- 9 – DEWALT DWE7491RS 10-Inch Jobsite Table Saw
- 10 – SawStop PCS175-TGP236
- What Features You Need To Focus On
Our Top Best Table Saw Recommendations
1 – DEWALT DW7440RS Rolling Saw
Sometimes you want flexibility in your power tools. Maybe you need your saw installed in your workshop one week. And the next you are onsite for a major job. This DeWalt model is the best benchtop table saw that also comes with a rolling stand so that you can easily move it around.
It weighs just 33 pounds, which makes it one of the lightest products on this list. And that means you can easily move it around your shop or a jobsite. But despite being light it still has a steel frame to protect it from getting damaged while in transport.
It will also be fully operational in less than 10 minutes from the time you receive it. You won’t have to spend hours reading assembly instructions and try to figure out how things go together.
The main downside is that the rolling table legs are a little bit short. So if you’re taller than average this might be a bit of a problem.
- Rolling stand included makes this great value
- At 33 lbs. it’s one of the lightest products
- Steel caging protects the unit from accidental damage
- Assembles in 10 minutes
- Durable quality for tough worksite
- Extendable handle could be longer
- Table legs are a bit short
2 – Bosch GTS1031
Many jobs and DIY workshops require something that is small and convenient. You want to be able to move it easily without much hassle. If that sounds like what you’re after then this Bosch product is the best compact table saw you will find. But despite being small in size you will still fly through your work in no time.
The base and support structure is made from steel. That means that it will not get damaged with a few knocks on a jobsite or in your truck. It will be perfectly at home in both a hobby workshop and on a construction site. And with a very reasonable price tag it’s a great choice for amateurs.
You will get German reliability and engineering. That means it’s going to last you for many years to come, and always give you that reliable and accurate cut.
The main downside is that the included blade is not the best quality and that the fence is sometimes a bit difficult to slide.
- Excellent portability makes it easy to move by one person
- Base is made from steel to stand up to abuse on construction sites
- Self-aligning design saves time and provides more accuracy
- Great for professional and amateur hobby wood workers
- Excellent price for a top brand name
- Included blade could be better
- Fence sometimes doesn’t slide easily
3 – Powermatic PM1000
If you need big and professional and have plenty of space then Powermatic is your go to option. You get exceptional power to speed through the biggest jobs. And thanks to a 50 inch fence you will get very precise results even on large pieces of timber.
The miter gauge is another stand-out feature. It will allow you to pivot up to 60 degrees to the left and right side and is very easy to adjust. And speaking of ease of use, the hands free power switch is very convenient and large enough to be easily touched with a leg.
Once you are fully set up and have a quality blade installed you will see practically no chip out even when cutting plywood materials.
On the downside, at this price point you would expect a riving knife to be included. And you should be prepared for about 5 hours of assembly time.
- High-end cabinet table saw for professional workshops
- Miter gauge can pivot up to 60 degrees with easy adjustment
- Exceptional power makes even the biggest jobs easy
- Almost no chip out even with plywood
- Hands free power switch is an added convenience
- Doesn’t include low profile riving knife
- Allow 5 hours of assembly time
4 – SKILSAW SPT70WT-01 10″ Portable Worm Drive Table
If space is a problem then this Skilsaw is the best small table saw you could buy. It is compact and at under 50 pounds is very easy to lift and move around. There are many areas on construction sites where you might be limited. And for home use you really don’t want your workshop packed with large equipment.
Despite the small and light design, you get a 15 Amp motor that powers a standard 10-inch blade. This is plenty for the majority of woodworking jobs you encounter. What is great is that it can extend out to 4 foot. That means you have greater flexibility when it comes to the size of the material you can cut.
The downsides to this are that there is no stand included and the gauge can be easily knocked when you move it. Overall though an excellent product.
- Compact design at under 50 lbs.
- 5 inch depth of cut is perfect for DIY and professional use
- 15 Amp motor and worm drive gears provide excellent power
- Extends to almost 4 foot for more flexibility
- Very little vibration while cutting makes it less straining
- Stand not included
- Gauge can be easily knocked loose
5 – Grizzly G0690 Cabinet
If you need a full size cabinet saw and have a bit of a limited budget then this Grizzly option is a great choice. It is reasonably priced for what you get. And what you get is pretty powerful.
With a 3 HP motor, you’ll have no problem cutting through lots of tough timber. The speed of this machine is incredible and it will make your life so much easier. When you’re under time pressure to get jobs done, that will be a huge asset to have.
The table size is 27 x 40 inches, which gives you plenty of space to work and move larger pieces of materials around. The table is also made of cast iron, which makes it very solid. That stability is great when you are working with very thick and heavy pieces of timber.
The motor always starts up smoothly, and at full operation is still relatively quiet. It’s quite amazing considering the power of the motor.
The main downside is that the fence and table extensions require some fine-tuning during assembly. And this can take a while.
- Powerful 3 HP motor will help you rip through tough wood
- Perfect for the professional workshop
- Huge cast iron table is ideal for working with large and heavy materials
- Easy to assemble with great instructions
- Smooth start up with relatively low noise levels
- Fence requires fine adjustment once assembled
- Table extensions require adjustments
6 – Craftsman Evolv
If you have a very limited budget and don’t need a saw with industrial strength then this Craftsman is the best cheap table saw you can get. You won’t find a better performing device at this price, but be aware that this is not suitable for constant heavy-duty use. If woodworking is a profession of yours then this isn’t really an option for you.
At under 45 pounds in weight, it is ideal for home DIY use. Once you’re finished with it you can easily store it away. At the same time, it has a powerful 15 Amp motor that will cut through pretty much any timber materials. It also includes a surprisingly good blade, which is great considering the cheap price.
The downsides are that getting the fence to perfectly align is a little bit tricky. And the guide is only 12 inches long. If you need extreme accuracy, then this in not your best option.
- Excellent value for money, you won’t find better at this price
- Great for small home DIY jobs
- Very easy to move around at under 45 lbs. weight
- 15 Amp motor will be enough to cut through most types of wood
- The included blade is pretty decent quality
- Getting the fence perfectly set up is difficult
- Guide is only about 12 inches long
7 – Ridgid R4516 10 in. Portable
If you professionally work with wood and travel to different jobsites then this is one of the best portable table saw options you can go for. It has plenty of power from a 15 Amp motor that will rip through all types of timber. Despite the power and features you’ll find that this machine is relatively light, making it easy to move around.
From unboxing to cutting will take you less than 15 minutes. And the great thing is that the fence doesn’t require adjusting during assembly. It is factory set up and ready to go, so you don’t have to waste much time with it.
You can very quickly switch the blade out to save you from too much downtime on busy sites. This will save frustration and time when you’re under pressure to get work done.
The downside to this machine is that there is no dust collection system. This will possibly mean quite a lot more mess.
- Loads of power with a 15 Amp motor for cutting through tough timber
- Fence is accurate out of the box requiring less set up time
- Light weight makes it very easy to move around
- Very easy setup has you working in less than 15 minutes
- Very easy to change the blade in no time
- No saw dust collection
- Quite noisy for a small device
8 – Bosch 4100-09 Compact
If you want precision engineering and German quality then this Bosch product is exactly what you need. Whether you do some hobby cabinet making or work on busy construction sites, you won’t regret this investment.
Thanks to a powerful motor, you can spin up the 10-inch blade up to 3650 RPM. Even when working with toughened wood you won’t struggle to make progress. Slow cutting can be such a pain, and will cost you money.
The surface area of the table is very generous, and probably one of the largest you can find for a portable design. The entire frame is intended to make it easy to move around. And you’ll be able to do so without having to ask for help in most cases.
Constructed with commercial usage in mind you can trust in German engineering to give you a very durable machine. It will fit right in on a busy construction site or workshop.
One slight negative is that the blade that is included is not the best quality. Might be worth adding a higher quality one.
- 10-inch blade spins up to 3650 RPM to speed up jobs
- Very portable construction makes it easy to move around
- 29 x 21.5 inch surface area makes it easier to cut large pieces
- Made for professional and heavy duty use
- Very good quality guard system for safety
- Miter gauge is very small
- Included blade is not great quality
9 – DEWALT DWE7491RS 10-Inch Jobsite Table Saw
DeWalt is one of the most respected makers of power tools. And this product stands right up there as one of the best table saw for woodworking choices you can make. If you do a lot of DIY jobs, or professionally work with wood, then the portability of this model will be very convincing.
It makes moving around and storing so much easier when you don’t constantly have to ask someone to help you set up.
The 10-inch blade works great for pretty much all DIY and commercial work. And supported with a 15 Amp motor you won’t find it difficult to cut through even hardened lumber. And to reduce the amount of mess you make there is a dust collection port that you can hook up to a vacuum.
The main downsides to this one are that it’s a bit tricky to change the blade and the gauge adjustment is not that accurate. These will take a bit of getting used to.
- Rolling stand makes it very easy to move around
- 10-inch blade will work for pretty much all DIY and commercial jobs
- 15 Amp motor is powerful enough to rip through tough wood
- Dust collection port can be hooked up to vacuum for less mess
- No blade adjustments required out of the box
- Miter gauge is not the best quality
- Changing blade angle is a bit difficult
10 – SawStop PCS175-TGP236
If you do a lot of professional grade work with wood, and safety is a concern for you then this is the absolute best hybrid table saw you will find. It most certainly isn’t the cheapest product, but it works exceptionally well. It is very accurate and powerful and comes with a feature you cannot ignore. Ask yourself this:
How much is a finger worth?
Look at the price tag for this machine and then decide if it’s worth a serious injury. The unique feature of this product is that the blade will completely stop in 5 milliseconds when contact with a human body part is detected. How does it know the difference between human and wood?
It’s simple. Humans conduct electricity. And when the safety mechanism detects that the current is lost, a safety brake kicks in and the motor turns off. This can be the difference between a cut and cut off!
As for cutting wood. The powerful 1.75 HP motor will slice through all types of timber. And with a 36-inch fence you will get some amazingly accurate results. There is a dust collection system at the top, which makes cleaning up a lot less work. If you cut a lot of timber in a workshop, then this is what you want to invest in.
- Professional grade machine for commercial scale use
- 36-inch fence system for extremely precise working
- 75 HP engine speeds up cutting of even the toughest wood
- Dust collection system reduces the amount of mess and clean up
- Excellent safety stop in 5 milliseconds reduces risk of injury to a minimum
- Very expensive equipment but safety feature is worth it
- Some adjustments to safety stop required at assembly
What Features You Need To Focus On
When you research any kind of product you can quickly get confused with different specifications. Marketing materials are mainly designed to paint a great picture. But the different language used by different companies just makes it so much more confusing. Here are a few features to really focus your attention on to avoid buying something that doesn’t suit your needs.
On the above list you will find products that range from a few hundred Dollars to many thousands of Dollars. But the price alone will not tell you what the best value table saw is. If you have a busy workshop then a small and portable machine will be of almost no use to you.
Value really comes from what you can do with a tool and whether it does everything you need it to do. Similarly, if you just do a bit of hobby DIY then huge commercial machines will be total overkill. The best thing you can do is set a budget and then check for the features you need. Don’t buy features you won’t use and you’ll have a lot less buyer’s regret.
This is a huge topic for a lot of people. The first item on the above list is possibly one of the safest you can buy. It comes at a pretty large price But, if you work with this machine a lot, then the difference between a cut finger and a cut off finger might just be worth it.
At the very least you want to look at the blade covers and that they feature enough protection that you don’t accidently slip against the blade. That is one experience you can do without.
If you have to travel to different jobsites on a regular basis, or if you have a small DIY workshop, then size is going to be an issue. And with the comes weight and the ability to easily move the machine when you need to. If it is light enough you’ll be able to carry it yourself for short distances.
Some products also come with a base that features wheels. This makes it even easier and is probably the one feature you don’t want to be without. If you regularly move the saw around, then treat yourself to a wheeled stand. Your back will thank you for it.
All of the above choices have powerful motors. This is a vital part as it will determine how quickly you can cut through even the toughest wood. The less power there is the slower the blade will turn under stress. And that means that your job will take longer. If you just do some DIY work at home, then it’s not going to be much of an issue.
But if you professionally work with timber then imagine how much time you could be wasting. If cutting wood took you 50% more time that it needs to, that can quickly add up too many hours a week. Hours that you could spend on the next job.
When you buy some of the cheapest options available, then you won’t be getting something that will last for years on a construction site. Occasional use will be perfectly fine. But once you are using it several hours a day you need a whole different level of toughness.
That goes from the motor all the way to the fence and table itself. Once these start to fail do to lots of usage, you basically won’t have reliable results. And extra reliability comes at a price.
This concludes the best table saw reviews. You now have all the information you need to make a decision that is best for your needs. Whether you’re a hobby cabinet maker or a professional carpenter, there are excellent choices on the above list. Pick one that suits you budget and then enjoy the great results you get!